Author Topic: Facebook page urges Americans to ‘Boycott the NFL’ for Veterans Day weekend  (Read 890 times)

rangerrebew

Facebook page urges Americans to ‘Boycott the NFL’ for Veterans Day weekend
November 10, 2017 | Frieda Powers | Print Article

Thousands of people are joining together in an NFL boycott over Veterans Day weekend.

A Facebook group that has more than 200,000 followers announced a stand in “solidarity with veterans around the country.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/11/10/facebook-page-urges-americans-boycott-nfl-veterans-day-weekend-560583

Offline Applewood

No problem.  Haven't watched the Steelers since their stunt a few weeks ago. 

This Sunday, I plan to clean out a closet.  I have some old Steelers shirts to get rid of.

Offline kevindavis007

This is kinda of a stupid boycott
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Applewood

Yeah, I'll agree as to not watching on tv.  I doubt the NFL would miss me if I don't watch on tv.  But empty stadiums and lack of merch sales might be effective.  Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the Steelers still have a lot of fans in the stands.  This region loves its Steelers and people are still going to support them.  Don't know about other teams.

Offline NavyCanDo

Having watched the Thursday Night game All the players sttod for the anthem and the tribute for Veterans. I suspect all games this wekend will have such a tribute.  Those who boycot are also boycotting the tribute.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

Having watched the Thursday Night game All the players sttod for the anthem and the tribute for Veterans. I suspect all games this wekend will have such a tribute.  Those who boycot are also boycotting the tribute.

I think you are right.. Besides the Bears are playing Green Bay..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

That's true. But still, regardless of anything else, it really is kind of 'ironic' to support a group of guys who hate America and the Military all season long on veteran's day.

I not saying anything one way or the other.

I'm just sayin'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Or maybe they are boycotting the hyprocisy. 

Offline Suppressed

Or maybe they are boycotting the hyprocisy.

:thumbsup3:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

Among other things, I no longer watch because the quality of play just flat out sucks.

Offline NavyCanDo

That's true. But still, regardless of anything else, it really is kind of 'ironic' to support a group of guys who hate America and the Military all season long on veteran's day.

I not saying anything one way or the other.

I'm just sayin'.

It can be argued that among the 1,696 NFL players there may be a couple who "hate America", and a further stretch would be finding any who hate the military, knowing that many of them visit military bases here and abroad and support great organizations like Wounded Warriors.  Did you know there are somewhere near a dozen active NFL players who are Veterans, and many more who's father or mother are currently serving in the military.

I am not one who wants to punish them all for the inconsiderate actions of a few. I do not like these players using the National Anthem to protest, and I do not like the NFL allowing them to do it, but I am also not going to stop watching the only sport I take pleasure in watching.  If I am going to boycott something, its going to be the sponsors, as their voices are far louder than mine - and then send them a letter why.   Roger Goodell could care less if I turn the channel, nor is he aware of it.    A phone call from Papa John's, however - now that gets his attention.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I no longer watch NFL football period!  Others will differ I'm sure.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

Among other things, I no longer watch because the quality of play just flat out sucks.

True.  For example, look at the Steelers from back in the 70s and before and compare with the players today.  Steelers today look like a bunch of amateurs.  My local high school team could probably beat them.

Offline NavyCanDo

I no longer watch NFL football period!  Others will differ I'm sure.

In any event, it's a personal choice, and I'm not going to fault anyone who does decide to turn NFL off. But if you do, be sincere about it. I'm sure as the playoff spots start taking shape, there will be a lot of people who said they are through with the NFL will be glued to it once again.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
In any event, it's a personal choice, and I'm not going to fault anyone who does decide to turn NFL off. But if you do, be sincere about it. I'm sure as the playoff spots start taking shape, there will be a lot of people who said they are through with the NFL will be glued to it once again.
I'm not among them.  And that was mostly in place before any of this kneeling business started. 
 I put professional football pretty much in the same category with professional wrestling.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien