Author Topic: Trump says U.S. won't be 'taken advantage of anymore.' Hours later, Pacific Rim nations reach deal on trade without America.  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Here's the problem kids. The USA is now the biggest export market for all these countries. If not that, then 2nd or 3rd.

How are they going to make a trade deal without one of their top trading partners? Do they not want access to our markets, and jobs for their people?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:52:30 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@INVAR

Many times you are the only one who makes sense here - you can see beyond the decoration to the bedrock.

Then stop writing books that only a few understand.

Just kidding.

If  I pound on your door and offer to trade my Titanium framing hammer for your baseball bat, would you?

Knocking On Heaven's Door.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Here's the problem kids. The USA is now the biggest export market for all these countries. If not that, then 2nd or 3rd.

How are they going to make a trade deal without one of their top trading partners? Do they not want access to our markets, and jobs for their people?

The REAL problem sir, is when the TRILLIONS upon TRILLIONS In debt our Rulers have accrued turns our currency worthless overnight - and Americans have nothing of value in which to purchase goods from pacific Rim nations who make all electronics and tech stuff on the planet - the world being able to get along without us in the picture at all - will be very profitable for them, and oblivion for us.

But then, I also have another measure by which I look at future events - and that is the prism along with history's lessons by which I anticipate where things may go.

And - there is not a Republic that has ever come into existence that has not committed ritual and complete suicide.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:26:52 am by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The REAL problem sir, is when the TRILLIONS upon TRILLIONS In debt our Rulers have accrued turns our currency worthless overnight - and Americans have nothing of value in which to purchase goods from pacific Rim nations who make all electronics and tech stuff on the planet - the world being able to get along without us in the picture at all - will be very profitable for them, and oblivion for us.

But then, I also have another measure by which I look at future events - and that is the prism along with history's lessons by which I anticipate where things may go.

And - there is not a Republic that has ever come into existence that has not committed ritual and complete suicide.

Well yes, when that day comes - and I think China is accelerating that - then we will have no more bargaining power. Right now however we aren't a factor that can be ignored.

What I get reading between the lines is that these Asian nations are now turning to China for trade leadership, thinking they will get something from their relationship. All they are going to get is screwed.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I believe your reading comprehension is better than that, and you've made a deliberate attempt to misrepresent what I wrote. 

Apologies if your reading comprehension really is poor, and you don't know the difference between "bigger" and "better".
am not really sure what any of your comments have meant so far. 

You began by telling us "that will show them' then degenerated to something like 'the world is bigger than the US'

Can you restate what is your point with all of this instead of us just guessing?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Enough.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Enough.

Of what?

The truth?

No one wants to hear it?

Name for me one nation that spent it's way into prosperity while creating a hostile environment for business and manufacturing due to government regulation, red tape and taxation.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Victoria33

Of what?

The truth?
No one wants to hear it?
Name for me one nation that spent it's way into prosperity while creating a hostile environment for business and manufacturing due to government regulation, red tape and taxation.
@INVAR

In history, every leading country came apart by extending themselves too much.  The Roman Empire collapsed due to capturing/dominating too many countries and couldn't support/control them and the Empire failed.  The English Empire did the same thing - over extended domination of countries and collapsed.

Every country that was totally democratic, rather than a representative government, gave their citizens this and that and more of this and that until there was no more to give and they collapsed.  That is what is happening to this country, the citizens want more and more and more and we will collapse due to not being able to keep it up.

According to @bigheadfred I write books people can't understand.  If "Emergencies Happen - Be Prepared" ever gets published, he will survive the collapse if he follows the directions in this book.  And, if he reads, "Earthly Life to Eternal Life", which I am writing now, he will be in heaven with you and me. I love @bigheadfred because he is so screwed up.   :bighug:
@CatherineofAragon

Offline Victoria33

Then stop writing books that only a few understand.

Just kidding.

If  I pound on your door and offer to trade my Titanium framing hammer for your baseball bat, would you?

Knocking On Heaven's Door.
@bigheadfred

No, I would not trade my bat because it is a defensive "Cold Steel Brooklyn Smasher" and your skull will be smashed to bits when it hits your head. It is extra long to keep me away from you when I hit you.  It is not for baseball playing, it is designed to break whatever it hits.  If you read my book you would know that.   :thud:   888high58888

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@bigheadfred

No, I would not trade my bat because it is a defensive "Cold Steel Brooklyn Smasher" and your skull will be smashed to bits when it hits your head. It is extra long to keep me away from you when I hit you.  It is not for baseball playing, it is designed to break whatever it hits.  If you read my book you would know that.   :thud:   888high58888

Oh @Victoria33 . Name the last person you went clubbing with.