Author Topic: Trans-Pacific trade deal advances without United States  (Read 509 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trans-Pacific trade deal advances without United States
« on: November 11, 2017, 01:12:33 pm »
Trans-Pacific trade deal advances without United States

DANANG, Vietnam (Reuters) - Countries in the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal have agreed on the core elements to move ahead without the United States, officials said on Saturday, after last-minute resistance from Canada raised new doubts about its survival.

Taking the agreement forward is a boost for the principle of multilateral trade pacts after U.S. President Donald Trump ditched the TPP early this year in favor of an “America First” policy he believes would save U.S. jobs. ....

....The agreement, which still needs to be finalised, would now be called the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), he said. ......

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apec-summit/trans-pacific-trade-deal-advances-without-united-states-idUSKBN1DA2MW
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Trans-Pacific trade deal advances without United States
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 02:47:02 pm »
This is definitely one win for Trump!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:02:47 pm »
Fine with me.  Now when is the US going to get out of NAFTA?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 03:11:11 pm »
TPP Economics, NAFTA, The APEC Summit, Mexico, Canada and Trump…
Conservative Treehouse, Nov 10, 2017, Sundance

Here’s why Canada and Mexico signing up to TPP is great news for the U.S., and couldn’t come at a better time for NAFTA round #5 on November 17th.  We don’t want TPP to collapse, because TPP ties the hands of Canada and Mexico to elements of trade that are based on collective interests. Their joining TPP provides the U.S. leverage in NAFTA.

Remember, Vietnam is exactly 12 hours ahead of U.S. Eastern time zone.  At 7:450pm last evening in Vietnam (local time), at the last minute, Rainbow Socks backed out of the signing the TPP framework (explained here).  Twelve hours later, at 7:20am (local), the AP reported the agreement was “back on” with “a compromise”:

Read more: https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/11/10/tpp-economics-nafta-the-apec-summit-mexico-canada-and-trump/

This article explains what happened and why it could be good for us.

BTW .... Trudeau is now “Rainbow Socks”.  :laugh:

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 04:46:10 pm »
It's good that Trump is against sacrificing US sovereignty.

I think the signatories to the TPP will soon be cheating for all they're worth.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 07:52:21 pm »
It's good that Trump is against sacrificing US sovereignty.

I think the signatories to the TPP will soon be cheating for all they're worth.

Show me the pics of all those Ford, Chevy and Chrysler cars and trucks on the streets of any city in Japan.

In the words of Bill Murray:

"It's Miller Time!"

:4th:

We've been getting screwed, blued, and tattoed by TPP from the git-go.

Terrific News!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com