Author Topic: Army to decide if Bergdahl is entitled to $300G back pay  (Read 735 times)

rangerrebew

Army to decide if Bergdahl is entitled to $300G back pay
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:49:45 am »
Army to decide if Bergdahl is entitled to $300G back pay
By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

The U.S. Army is set to decide whether Pvt. Bowe Bergdahl is entitled to as much as $300,000 in back pay and other benefits he amassed during his captivity with the Taliban.

Bergdahl, 31, was captured by the Taliban in 2009 after he walked off base while in Afghanistan. He was given a dishonorable discharge and he was demoted from sergeant to private in a court decision earlier this month but spared prison.  President Trump called the ruling a “complete and total disgrace.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/09/us-army-to-decide-if-bergdahl-entitled-to-300g-back-pay.html

rangerrebew

Re: Army to decide if Bergdahl is entitled to $300G back pay
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 11:50:25 am »
 9999hair out0000

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 03:06:45 am »
Hold on now, didn't the piece of excrement plead guilty to desertion and wasn't he convicted of desertion even though they effectively gave him a slap on the wrist for desertion at time of war and being responsible for the deaths and injury to his fellow soldiers that searched for him? How can he be owed anything? He should have to pay the families of those who died and were injured whole searching for him, he was directly responsible. 9999hair out0000

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 03:33:25 am »
 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 10:56:11 am »
I wonder if he gets the back pay, if the survivors of those who got killed looking for his sorry ass could sue him for the money (and then some)?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 01:53:26 pm »
I wonder if he gets the back pay, if the survivors of those who got killed looking for his sorry ass could sue him for the money (and then some)?

I would be very tempted to file a civil suit.