Author Topic: New York Subway Operators Banned From Saying 'Ladies And Gentlemen'.  (Read 960 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The New York City Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) is banning the use of the term “ladies and gentleman” on loudspeakers, as officials have deemed the phrase not inclusive enough.

Operators will no longer be able to say the phrase on train, bus or platform radio systems, because it may offend some passengers, according to amNewYork. The audio recordings of the phrase are also being updated, but until the changes are complete, operators will have to manually override the old system with their own announcements.

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/10/new-york-subway-operators-banned-from-saying-ladies-and-gentlemen/
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

Re: New York Subway Operators Banned From Saying 'Ladies And Gentlemen'.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:35:22 pm »
You can’t make this stuff up. Talk radio hosts have been getting an earful today. Not even New Yorkers think is something worth doing.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:38:25 pm »
 'that's no lady that's my wife'

IMO, the more they force inclusion, the further they drive people a part.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 08:38:56 pm »
Because changing the language magically changes the reality.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 09:44:39 pm »
I grew up in and around New York City. One of the absolute delights of my growing up was
hopping the subways. (I knew the whole NYC subway system better than a few of their
own motormen did!) And one of my real treats was any time I had to take the A train---
because there was one motorman who habitually played, over the train's PA system,
after saying, "Good morning/afternoon/evening, ladies and gentlemen," what else . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX4oVQTnpho

I hope some motorman now decides to protest the MTA's insanity by hailing, "Good
morning/afternoon/evening, whores and johns," and plays over the PA . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su9Rv2ob3rA

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 10:46:09 pm »
The New York City Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) is banning the use of the term “ladies and gentleman” on loudspeakers, as officials have deemed the phrase not inclusive enough.

Obviously it should be appended to:

"Ladies and gentlemen, and children of all ages"...

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 10:57:07 pm »
Because changing the language magically changes the reality.

Liberals believe this and they have unfortunately had some success with it. They have everyone saying "democratic" party, and have people believing the government, which has no money, has to "pay for" tax cuts.  :shrug:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 06:27:38 am »
Liberals believe this and they have unfortunately had some success with it. They have everyone saying "democratic" party, and have people believing the government, which has no money, has to "pay for" tax cuts.  :shrug:

Be double sure to check the inclusive box twice  on your next ballotment and ya bee fined..oh i ment ok
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley