Author Topic: Republicans float pushing back Alabama special election  (Read 2227 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Republicans float pushing back Alabama special election
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 09:15:04 pm »
Agreed.  We don't know the full story.  Right now 'Hollywood' is unveiling all the filth and sexual misconduct associated with it and this makes for an even juicier story against Moore (whether true or not).  The GOP hasn't backed a conservative in several election cycles and in fact has done everything to ensure that they don't get elected; Cruz is a prime example.
Remember this?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/05/tea-party-backed-cochran-foe-challenges-gop-senate-primary-loss.html
Mississippi voters don't register by party, but state law makes so-called crossover voting -- casting a ballot in one party's primary and another party's runoff in the same cycle -- a misdemeanor. Tyner said the campaign had found 3,500 instances of crossover votes, along with the 9,500 "irregular votes" and 2,275 "improperly cast" absentee ballots. It was not immediately clear what made the votes irregular, or how the absentee ballots may have been improperly cast.

Certified results show Cochran won by 7,667 votes, or 51 percent.

McDaniel claimed that Cochran's team got more than 40,000 Democrats to vote in the GOP primary, but "in so doing, mistakes were made." Some, he claimed, were "intentional."
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2017, 09:28:23 pm »
He once offered to share a Dram of fine Liquor if I'm ever in his town. 

@Cyber Liberty
Well, you're always welcome on my porch - and you've no worry toward poison here... Other than the normal risks involved when I offer you a chug outta the special reserve quart I'd dust off to honor your arrival... It may feel like poison... But honestly, most folks just lose vision in one eye or the other, and that usually returns in a day or two.

But like I said, 'normal risk' is all that applies, and that, wholly unintentional, and pursuant to your particular constitution.  :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 09:32:44 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
Well, you're always welcome on my porch - and you've no worry toward poison here... Other than the normal risks involved when I offer you a chug outta the special reserve quart I'd dust off to honor your arrival... It may feel like poison... But honestly, most folks just lose vision in one eye or the other, and that usually returns in a day or two.

But like I said, 'normal risk' is all that applies, and that, wholly unintentional, and pursuant to your particular constitution.  :shrug:

If I'm ever in your holler I'll look you up.  Wouldn't miss the chance!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2017, 11:04:18 pm »
The story against Moore has already fallen apart. It was nothing but a setup.

Now watch the boomerang from the Yank trying to fool the rednecks.

No, it has not "fallen apart" at all...if anything its gotten more corroboration. Regardless, if the only thing true were that he dated a 17 year old as a 32 year old prosecutor, than he's a sick puppy and has no business being in the Senate. He's going to be a terrible weight on Republicans if he wins, and we lose a seat if he loses....so he needs to get the hell out of the way so we can reschedule this election. The man has something wrong with him...he was hemming and hedging even in his interview with Hannity...crap like "that would not be my normal behavior". Clearly, he liked them young and as a 32 year old man, anyone under 18 is CLEARLY off limits...unless you're a perv. I have 3 daughters and he is just the kind of man I wouldn't want within a thousand feet of them.

We are not Democrats, we cannot condone this kind of slimy behavior. If we do condone it, how are we any different?

Jazz is correct, the best thing for the party and for conservatism is to get this clown off the stage entirely. There really is no worse option...as a political matter, Republicans would be better off losing this seat than having to be attached to this slime ball for the next 6 years.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:07:13 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 11:14:00 pm »
Jazz is correct, the best thing for the party and for conservatism is to get this clown off the stage entirely. There really is no worse option...as a political matter, Republicans would be better off losing this seat than having to be attached to this slime ball for the next 6 years.

Jazz is never correct, he's a troll sent to disrupt TBR whenever and wherever he can.  If he ever appears "correct," it's an accident of circumstances, and you'd better check your premises.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:15:38 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 11:26:43 pm »
I sense that if the national RINO Republican party tries to put the kibosh on the Alabama election, that Alabamans are going to give the Pubbies a hefty dose of what they be deservin'.

Seems to me the Pubbies have no right, business, or prerogative in tampering with a STATE election that is almost certainly governed by STATE laws.

That is the business of Alabamans.
It is NOT the business of the Republicans, nor of the United States Senate.

I agree. The state's business, is the state's business.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2017, 11:46:02 pm »
I agree. The state's business, is the state's business.

No, he ran as a Republican...and that makes his immoral conduct the business of Republicans as a party. Alabama voters will vote as they may, but the GOP has every right to hold its candidates to an ethical standard...and to work for their removal as a Republican candidate if they fail that standard.

Why anyone would defend this guy is beyond astounding. He's a perv. An admitted perv, who acknowledged dating a 17 year old when he was 32...that alone is disgusting and disqualifying. Add to this the credibility of the other charges...not a conviction of course, but very credible accounts...and the only political judgement that can rationally be made is to dump the stinker while we, as a Party, can. Delay the election, pull the Republican title from this idiot...he can always run Independent on his own...and plug in the next candidate from the primary.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:46:21 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2017, 12:31:17 am »
No, it has not "fallen apart" at all...if anything its gotten more corroboration. Regardless, if the only thing true were that he dated a 17 year old as a 32 year old prosecutor, than he's a sick puppy and has no business being in the Senate. He's going to be a terrible weight on Republicans if he wins, and we lose a seat if he loses....so he needs to get the hell out of the way so we can reschedule this election. The man has something wrong with him...he was hemming and hedging even in his interview with Hannity...crap like "that would not be my normal behavior". Clearly, he liked them young and as a 32 year old man, anyone under 18 is CLEARLY off limits...unless you're a perv. I have 3 daughters and he is just the kind of man I wouldn't want within a thousand feet of them.

We are not Democrats, we cannot condone this kind of slimy behavior. If we do condone it, how are we any different?

So, if he had lunch with a 17 year old he's a sick puppy if she saw it as a 'date'? We're talking late 60s early 70s, not the age of cell phone hookups and internet sex. When a 'date' was a movie, or a burger at the soda joint/drive in.
You know, back when girls agonized over whether kissing a guy good night after the movie would seem 'loose', especially if they kissed him on the first date.

So, link the collaboration, please.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2017, 12:49:57 am »
So, if he had lunch with a 17 year old he's a sick puppy if she saw it as a 'date'? We're talking late 60s early 70s, not the age of cell phone hookups and internet sex. When a 'date' was a movie, or a burger at the soda joint/drive in.
You know, back when girls agonized over whether kissing a guy good night after the movie would seem 'loose', especially if they kissed him on the first date.

So, link the collaboration, please.

Were you able to keep a straight face when you wrote that. The "collaboration" is from his interview on Hannity, feel free to go listen at your leisure. As I recall...and I do recall...the late 60's and early 70's was the era of "free love"....not some sort of puritanical era. Even in Alabama, the purpose of dating was to lead into a relationship...not simply to have lunch, as you so disingenuously suggest...and a 32 year old prosecutor seeking that kind of a relationship with a 17 year old...is perv city.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2017, 01:33:29 am »
I'll believe the allegation that WAPO was offering $1000s to whomever they could find to make allegations against Moore at the behest of both the Democrat and Republican Leadership before I believe the miraculous timing of allegations 40-plus years after-the-fact in a for-certain win of the Senate seat by a guy the Oligarchy has no claws into and doesn't trust to carry Mitch's wastewater.

Until there's proof and a bold admission that Moore is a serial sex abuser - I call this whole deal bullshit benefit for Statists.

It's very interesting that the very people who pooh-poohed and dismissed Trump's lewd behaviors and admissions of conduct with women are now the very people demanding moral principles be upheld for a senate seat that was about to be won by a devout Christian who doesn't roll over for the hedonist Left either.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2017, 01:43:48 am »
It's very interesting that the very people who pooh-poohed and dismissed Trump's lewd behaviors and admissions of conduct with women are now the very people demanding moral principles be upheld for a senate seat that was about to be won by a devout Christian who doesn't roll over for the hedonist Left either.

More than that - It would be laughable if it weren't so scurrilous.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2017, 02:04:22 am »
Were you able to keep a straight face when you wrote that. The "collaboration" is from his interview on Hannity, feel free to go listen at your leisure. As I recall...and I do recall...the late 60's and early 70's was the era of "free love"....not some sort of puritanical era. Even in Alabama, the purpose of dating was to lead into a relationship...not simply to have lunch, as you so disingenuously suggest...and a 32 year old prosecutor seeking that kind of a relationship with a 17 year old...is perv city.
I guess it depends on where you are from, how you will take the allegations. Sometimes a date was just a lunch meeting. A starry eyed young lady might consider meeting for lunch a "date".

You conflate the meaning of the word "date" in a more classical sense with the way it may have been used in parts of the country overrun with pot smoking hippies making out in the park or today's hookup culture.

Considering there were plenty of Americans still signing up for the military and not protesting the War, you might want to consider that not all of America was well represented on television--in fact, the 'Silent Majority" was still speaking at the polls, and hard hats were kicking hippies asses in Times Square.

"Leading to a relationship" also included the approval of her parents, getting along with her brothers and other male relatives, and being a person who treated her respectably enough to be fit for their little girl (which my 40+ year old children still are). You are pushing Haight-Ashbury 'culture' up a more rural America's ass, just like the media tried to. Think more Okie from Muscogee. Having lived through, and dated in, that era myself, in far less cosmopolitan areas of the country, it was a lot closer to Ozzie and Harriet and Leave it to Beaver than Woodstock when you got away from the big cities with television cameras.

I listened to that interview, and found a hostile Hannity trying to pin a guy to the wall, a guy who had never had to even deal with such allegations. A guy who was pissed off that this crap was even being waved around. Would you be all smooth in your denials and adversarially posed hardball questions in a real interview (instead of the standard rehearsed democrat inquisition), especially if you were not used to being accused of whatever you might find deplorable on TV--even more so if you are innocent?
Moore repeatedly stated he had done nothing wrong, legally or morally. He wasn't slick about it, but those were the words I heard.
Political liars are really good at it. It is their stock in trade. Look at the Clintons, look at half those SOBs in Congress who were going to repeal the ACA, and they are slicker than WD-40 on teflon.

So feel free to project what you might have done onto someone else. For now, I'll do the same in my backwoods hick, gentlemanly sort of way that keeps my hands to myself, and doesn't just up and grab 'em by the pu$$y.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 02:16:45 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2017, 11:15:46 am »
Jazz is never correct, he's a troll sent to disrupt TBR whenever and wherever he can.  If he ever appears "correct," it's an accident of circumstances, and you'd better check your premises.

Bullshit. He's just a poster here giving his opinion like anyone else.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2017, 03:06:04 pm »
Bullshit. He's just a poster here giving his opinion like anyone else.

He lies about what he believes so much that I wuldn't give him that much credit.  Sorry.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 03:49:06 pm »
WTF- Thanks.

CL - How do you know I "lie about what I believe"?    I'm a northeastern Republican,  deal with it.    There are a lot of us up here,  perfectly willing to try to make government work better and more efficiently, to encourage growth and opportunity while moving forward the needle of human liberty,  to not want to seek to expel immigrants,  and to extend the equal protection of the law even to folks who your religion tells you to condemn.

I seek to express my opinions on this board because I vote GOP.  Lots of folks rant here from their rec rooms that they've abandoned the GOP.   I haven't.   Deal with it.   I'm not the devil, I'm not a troll, and I'm not here with a hidden agenda.  I do think the GOP - and conservatives - can do a lot better than a hypocritical and intolerant  pederast as our candidate to replace Jeff Session in the Senate.   

So deal with that too.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:56:30 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 03:54:37 pm »
WTF- Thanks.

CL - How do you know I "lie about what I believe"?    I'm a northeastern Republican,  deal with it.    There are a lot of us up here,  perfectly willing to try to make government work better and more efficiently, to encourage growth and opportunity while moving forward the needle of human liberty,  to not want to seek to expel immigrants,  and be willing to extend the equal protection of the law even to folks who your religion tells you to condemn.

I seek to express my opinions on this board because I vote GOP.  Lots of folks rant here from their rec rooms that they've abandoned the GOP.   I haven't.   Deal with it.   I'm not the devil, I'm not a troll, and I'm not here with a hidden agenda.  I do think the GOP - and conservatives - can do a lot better than a hypocritical and intolerant  pederast as our candidate to replace Jeff Session in the Senate.   

So deal with that too.

I'm disappointed you didn't call me a new name in this post.  Must be early.
I will NOT comply.