Author Topic: GOPRoy Moore Admits Relationship with High School Girl While Prosecutor  (Read 9300 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: GOPRoy Moore Admits Relationship with High School Girl While Prosecutor
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2017, 02:51:13 pm »
There is nothing in this article that supports the headline. No quotes, nothing, just
an assertion.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2017, 08:41:49 pm »
There is nothing in this article that supports the headline. No quotes, nothing, just
an assertion.
Fully in keeping with the whole "He's been accused? Off with his head!" mentality in American jurisprudence today.

If we have another Revolution here, it won't be 1776, more like The Terror.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #177 on: November 10, 2017, 08:55:40 pm »

What I have been warning about since before I even got here to this board.

That is exactly what will happen: a massive bloodbath unlike anything a modern civilization has seen happen to itself.

But hey - the vast majority have a fatal case of Normalcy Bias and they insist that stuff cannot happen here, right while everything that makes such a thing happen is being erected right in front of their faces.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2017, 09:15:17 pm »
This is from Deborah Gibson's Facebook

One of the accusers. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2017, 09:34:26 pm »
What I have been warning about since before I even got here to this board.

That is exactly what will happen: a massive bloodbath unlike anything a modern civilization has seen happen to itself.

But hey - the vast majority have a fatal case of Normalcy Bias and they insist that stuff cannot happen here, right while everything that makes such a thing happen is being erected right in front of their faces.
Tutsis and Hutus....and about as sanitary.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2017, 09:35:35 pm »
This is from Deborah Gibson's Facebook

One of the accusers.
Out stumpin' with 'handy' Joe? Hmmmm.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2017, 09:36:36 pm »
Fully in keeping with the whole "He's been accused? Off with his head!" mentality in American jurisprudence today.

We have revolutions every 2 years called elections.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2017, 09:39:05 pm »
We have revolutions every 2 years called elections.
No, those are elections. We haven't had a revolution since 1860.

C S Lewis

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2017, 11:14:19 pm »
If he just shut up, we could at least say he was Herman Cained. But admiting this opens the door wide to the posibility the other accuser is telling the truth (maybe he just thougt she was a little older)....

Yes,
Would have prefered Mo Brooks

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2017, 11:44:47 pm »
Forty years ago, a "date" was a trip to the soda shop, a movie, lunch.
The big question then was one of if a girl should kiss a guy goodnight on the first date (and then only if she really, really, liked the guy) or would he think her 'loose'.

Now a "date" is a hookup and wanton, torrid sex.

Never view the past through the lens of today's usage.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2017, 11:58:26 pm »
Forty years ago, a "date" was a trip to the soda shop, a movie, lunch.
The big question then was one of if a girl should kiss a guy goodnight on the first date (and then only if she really, really, liked the guy) or would he think her 'loose'.

Now a "date" is a hookup and wanton, torrid sex.

Never view the past through the lens of today's usage.

And women were taught to set their cap for a man with means - a man already proven with property and prospects.

I talked with my mother a bit about this today, and while she thought 32 seemed a bit old to be chasing high school girls, she did suggest that it was likely that was all that was available to him - Women did indeed get married soon after high-school and set about homemaking and child rearing, so there would be mighty slim pickins much older than 22...

It is funny how the perspective is different - I had talked to my father about his teen years growing up in the 50's And he intimated that it was much like in my day, all the young bucks looking to party and get laid... The difference being that there were very few party girls and the choice was among that handful, or pay for professional services.

The way he saw things, the vast majority of women did indeed wait for marriage, and would never be swayed without that ring.

In that day, there were two kinds, and only one was the kind you'd bring home to mamma. Mostly the same in my day - only the 'bring home to mamma' kind were fewer and farther between... Nowadays -  :shrug: :whistle:

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #187 on: August 13, 2022, 09:57:51 pm »
Bump this, too.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-