Author Topic: Site of Sutherland Springs church shooting will be demolished, pastor says  (Read 683 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Site of Sutherland Springs church shooting will be demolished, pastor says

By Kelsey Bradshaw, mySA.com / San Antonio Express-News and J.p. Lawrence Updated 11:48 am, Thursday, November 9, 2017

After raising a family in the San Antonio area, Farida Brown moved to LaVernia about 20 years ago and found a community at the First Baptist Church, as so many others have.

It was the type of place where congregants had developed an unofficial seating chart and greeted each other by name each Sunday.

But that building will soon be gone.

Pastor Frank Pomeroy told leaders of the Southern Baptist Convention it would be too painful to continue using First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs as a place of worship and he plans to demolish the building.

more
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Site-of-Sutherland-Springs-church-shooting-will-12344370.php?ipid=brkbar
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Site of Sutherland Springs church shooting will be demolished, pastor says
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 09:26:20 pm »
I have mixed feelings about this. Will the site be a memorial? Is this capitulation to evil?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 01:06:45 am »
"I have mixed feelings about this. Will the site be a memorial? Is this capitulation to evil?"

Actually, I think it's the proper thing to do.

In Sandy Hook (a very short distance from me), they tore down the old school and built a new one in its place.

The town of Newtown also acquired the Lanza home, and demolished it. The land will remain vacant.
(Honestly, who would want to buy it and live there?)

Offline austingirl

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:21:35 am »
"I have mixed feelings about this. Will the site be a memorial? Is this capitulation to evil?"

In Sandy Hook (a very short distance from me), they tore down the old school and built a new one in its place.

The town of Newtown also acquired the Lanza home, and demolished it. The land will remain vacant.

@Fishrrman

I didn't know that about Lanza's home. That is fitting.  The monster who shot up the church was living on his parents' $800,000 estate so that won't work in this case.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 01:50:47 am »

It's what they did with the McDonald's in San Ysidro after the massacre also if I recall, tore it down and made a memorial park. Ok so the property was sold to Southwestern College with the stipulation a permanent memorial be set aside. The memorial is 300 square feet and consist of 21 columns of differing heights.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 03:29:10 am »

I agree, I don't know if Sandy Hook should have built a new school on the same land.

There are places that are called evil, this may be superstition. I lived in a small town at one point and they use to say this one place, out in the country a bit was evil.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 03:54:00 pm »
A San Antonio businessman is trying to raise $2.5 million to build a new church.

So many people in the area have stepped up, donating food for the pets and livestock of the victims and donating caskets. '

https://www.ksat.com/news/sutherland-springs/sa-businessman-doing-all-he-can-to-rebuild-sutherland-springs-first-baptist-church

Offline austingirl

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 03:56:21 pm »
An Austin man who walked away unscathed from the Las Vegas massacre is also raising money for Sutherland Springs.

https://www.ksat.com/news/sutherland-springs/austin-man-survived-vegas-massacre-now-fundraising-for-sutherland-springs