Author Topic: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32  (Read 16625 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2017, 10:34:00 pm »
Add, he just admitted to relationships with other high school girls while he was in his 30s, just not that young.

Also, that isn't just right. I imagine if Bill Clinton or a Dem admitted to relationships with high school girls while they where in their 30's  I imagine everyone here would be screaming bloody murder.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2017, 10:39:56 pm »
There is no way to replace Moore on the ballot.  If this stuff pans out, a Democrat will hold the seat through 2020.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2017, 10:45:02 pm »

Also, that isn't just right. I imagine if Bill Clinton or a Dem admitted to relationships with high school girls while they where in their 30's  I imagine everyone here would be screaming bloody murder.
Bill Clinton or a Dem wouldn't let this get out until after they got into office. Whoever had the story would bury it.

Heck, if it hadn't been for Matt Drudge, we STILL wouldn't know about Monica Lewinsky.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Hoodat

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2017, 10:48:06 pm »
Who does this Moore guy think he is?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2017, 10:49:02 pm »
Who does this Moore guy think he is?
At least Moore's affairs were heterosexual.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2017, 10:51:10 pm »
Folks, this sounds like "Anita Hill, the 2017 version" ...

It does.  And these allegations are incredibly cruel because a lot of people believe them.

People even believed the weird Anita Hill story.

And it did hurt Clarence Thomas... probably still hurts him.

These women are hurting the cause of women who were actually abused.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Silver Pines

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2017, 11:00:02 pm »

@kevindavis

My husband and I were just talking about that kind of thing.  We're both sick of the tribalism that leads us to dismiss such allegations when the alleged perp has an R after his name.  It's arrogant, to be honest---it's a belief that those on our side aren't human and don't sin.  We know that isn't true because the GOP lied to us for 7 years about repealing Obamacare.  So why the urge to leap to the defense  of politicians?  They don't deserve it.

Yes, it could be a media smear, but then again it might not be.

I prefer to wait until it all shakes out before taking a side.  Now it seems like Ben Shapiro may have been right when he said this morning that he tended to think there was truth behind these allegations.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2017, 11:01:35 pm »
The plot thickens. 

Richard Baris
@Peoples_Pundit    
This Roy Moore story came from @SenateMajLdr. And I dare him to deny that.
11:56 AM - 9 Nov 2017

https://mobile.twitter.com/Peoples_Pundit/status/928712842047574016
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2017, 11:11:18 pm »
@kevindavis

My husband and I were just talking about that kind of thing.  We're both sick of the tribalism that leads us to dismiss such allegations when the alleged perp has an R after his name.  It's arrogant, to be honest---it's a belief that those on our side aren't human and don't sin.  We know that isn't true because the GOP lied to us for 7 years about repealing Obamacare.  So why the urge to leap to the defense  of politicians?  They don't deserve it.

Yes, it could be a media smear, but then again it might not be.

I prefer to wait until it all shakes out before taking a side.  Now it seems like Ben Shapiro may have been right when he said this morning that he tended to think there was truth behind these allegations.

@CatherineofAragon

That is how I feel. 

I hope to god it is not true.. However, if it is true, we could lose a seat that was safe for twenty years.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2017, 11:20:22 pm »
It's not a matter of defending him because we like him or because he is a Republican.

It is simply a matter of a weird thing like this coming out suddenly after the man has been in politics and in the public eye for years with never a word about anything like this.

I not only refuse to believe it but I think it's horrible that so many public officials came out with pitchforks ready to tar and feather him.

Very suspicious.  I'll be back to apologize if he did anything I would classify as abuse.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2017, 11:24:16 pm »

I hope to god it is not true.. However, if it is true, we could lose a seat that was safe for twenty years.

Then what the hell is the big deal? The Rat holds the seat and is immediately thrown out at the end of his term. We got a majority in the Senate now that isn't worth a bucket of shit. What the hell does it matter about one frigging seat?

BTW, my anger isn't directed at this Jesus Freak Roy Moore. My anger is directed at Mitch McConnell who it appears leaked this at a point of no return. If the GOP Senate dowsn't strip him of his rank and position immediately, I'm not going to bother voting for another one of their shitty GOP candidates.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2017, 11:29:04 pm »
Paging Anita Hill, paging Anita Hill.....Please pick up the 'I just remembered I was subject to unwanted advances courtesy phone' ....

Remember the last Judge they tried to pull this stuff with?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:29:28 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2017, 11:29:14 pm »
What's wrong with this?   I thought that, as of 2016 the Republican party didn't care about moral standards or ethics.

Should be no big deal.................... right?? :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 11:30:25 pm »
Then what the hell is the big deal? The Rat holds the seat and is immediately thrown out at the end of his term. We got a majority in the Senate now that isn't worth a bucket of shit. What the hell does it matter about one frigging seat?

BTW, my anger isn't directed at this Jesus Freak Roy Moore. My anger is directed at Mitch McConnell who it appears leaked this at a point of no return. If the GOP Senate dowsn't strip him of his rank and position immediately, I'm not going to bother voting for another one of their shitty GOP candidates.

Not a huge fan of Moore myself, but if McConnell leaked this, then he would apparently prefer a democrat rather than a man like Moore who does not fit into his particular pigeon hole.

Silver Pines

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2017, 11:30:39 pm »

@CatherineofAragon

That is how I feel. 

@kevindavis

Yes, I agree to all of that.

It's hard to know what's true at this point.  Moore's wife told Steve Deace they're going to pursue defamation charges against the Washington Post.  It'll be interesting to see if that happens.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2017, 11:31:01 pm »
It's not a matter of defending him because we like him or because he is a Republican.

It is simply a matter of a weird thing like this coming out suddenly after the man has been in politics and in the public eye for years with never a word about anything like this.

I not only refuse to believe it but I think it's horrible that so many public officials came out with pitchforks ready to tar and feather him.

Very suspicious.  I'll be back to apologize if he did anything I would classify as abuse.

That isn't surprising. A moral man is seldom welcome in a den of thieves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2017, 11:33:28 pm »
What's wrong with this?   I thought that, as of 2016 the Republican party didn't care about moral standards or ethics.

Kinda catty today, are we?

Casting moral doubts at the party because Trump was nominated is not totally fair.  His followers liked him for many reasons entirely unconnected with his personal life.

And, well, his opponent was a serial enabler of a REAL sexual predator.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2017, 11:37:47 pm »
Still waiting to see what happens to Herman Cain.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2017, 11:38:06 pm »
Kinda catty today, are we?

Casting moral doubts at the party because Trump was nominated is not totally fair.  His followers liked him for many reasons entirely unconnected with his personal life.

And, well, his opponent was a serial enabler of a REAL sexual predator.

None of your insults change what I said.

The Republican voters decided morality didn't matter when it nominated Trump.

There were other choices besides a predator, or a predator's enforcer.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2017, 11:42:25 pm »
None of your insults change what I said.

The Republican voters decided morality didn't matter when it nominated Trump.

There were other choices besides a predator, or a predator's enforcer.

No insults to you intended.

However, you did insult a large majority of Americans who voted for Trump.

You have no way of knowing what made those people decided to vote the way they did.  Trump set forth a lot of ideas that people embraced.

We'd had Obama for 8 years who was openly anti-American.  Trump preached America and he preached protecting the borders.  Supporters loved that.

Trump was a bit crude but I don't believe he was ever accused or convicted of rape.

I'm always inclined to support my fellow Republicans when they are accused of abandoning all morality because they voted for Trump.

Silver Pines

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2017, 11:46:41 pm »
Trump was a bit crude but I don't believe he was ever accused or convicted of rape..

@Emjay

Let's be accurate and drop the "bit" part.  He stood on a stage and told the world about the size of his junk. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2017, 11:46:47 pm »
No insults to you intended.

However, you did insult a large majority of Americans who voted for Trump.

You have no way of knowing what made those people decided to vote the way they did.  Trump set forth a lot of ideas that people embraced.

We'd had Obama for 8 years who was openly anti-American.  Trump preached America and he preached protecting the borders.  Supporters loved that.

Trump was a bit crude but I don't believe he was ever accused or convicted of rape.

I'm always inclined to support my fellow Republicans when they are accused of abandoning all morality because they voted for Trump.

You're good at twisting words to suit your purposes.

I never said that Republicans abandoned their own morality.  But they clearly decided that morality was not an important quality for a candidate for President when they voted for Trump in the primaries.

And you don't have to rape anyone to be an immoral man.......

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2017, 11:49:18 pm »

Does nobody remember the adultery allegations against George Herbert Walker Bush at the 11th hour back in the election of 1992?   

They always do this.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Silver Pines

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2017, 11:50:42 pm »

@musiclady

Interesting article which addresses your concern:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23385/should-republicans-dump-moore-over-sexual-abuse-ben-shapiro

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2017, 11:50:44 pm »

McConnell was the rat bastard behind all the racist attack ads against Chris McDaniel in Mississippi.   

I do not doubt that he is behind this. 

— Lord Melbourne —