Author Topic: TSA fails most tests in latest undercover operation at US airports  (Read 651 times)

Offline Suppressed

TSA fails most tests in latest undercover operation at US airports
By DAVID KERLEY JEFFREY COOK  Nov 9, 2017, 1:10 AM ET
http://abcnews.go.com/US/tsa-fails-tests-latest-undercover-operation-us-airports/story?id=51022188

In recent undercover tests of multiple airport security checkpoints by the Department of Homeland Security, inspectors said screeners, their equipment or their procedures failed more than half of the time, according to a source familiar with the classified report.

When ABC News asked the source familiar with the report if the failure rate was 80 percent, the response was, “You are in the ballpark.”

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: TSA fails most tests in latest undercover operation at US airports
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 02:25:19 pm »
TSA fails most tests in latest undercover operation at US airports
By DAVID KERLEY JEFFREY COOK  Nov 9, 2017, 1:10 AM ET
http://abcnews.go.com/US/tsa-fails-tests-latest-undercover-operation-us-airports/story?id=51022188

In recent undercover tests of multiple airport security checkpoints by the Department of Homeland Security, inspectors said screeners, their equipment or their procedures failed more than half of the time, according to a source familiar with the classified report.

When ABC News asked the source familiar with the report if the failure rate was 80 percent, the response was, “You are in the ballpark.”

[...]

TSA! Just another government boondoggle to secure more government worker union votes!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 05:15:58 pm »
Once I got in line for security at an airport and didn't realize they were doing testing while regular screening, long time ago.  I was shocked to see on the x-ray screen a rather large and obvious revolver.  My panic looked caused them to quickly explain they were testing.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 09:00:40 pm »
Ah, but they will continue to frisk old bags like me while letting the terrorists go through with bombs, guns, knives, etc.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 09:08:07 pm »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 09:22:57 pm »
Just one more ineffective, worthless, and expensive government program. I refuse to participate in this madness and will not fly.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 01:55:54 am »
Not surprising, I thought the primary purpose of the TSA was to provide employment and a safe place for sadists and sexual deviants to assault others. :shrug:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 09:14:45 am »
Just one more ineffective, worthless, and expensive government program. I refuse to participate in this madness and will not fly.
Same here.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 02:47:45 pm »
TSA! Just another government boondoggle to secure more government worker union votes!
Chalk that one up to W who refused to stick to privatizing TSA workers and let the Dems get more money.

Wonder when Trump will begin privatizing some of the govt jobs anyway like he promised?

This is the only one I know about.
Trump Announces Plan To Privatize Air Traffic Control
https://www.npr.org/2017/06/05/531574945/trump-announces-plan-to-privatize-air-traffic-control
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington