Author Topic: Hurricanes Irma And Maria Update: Caribbean Luxury Resort Damage Reports  (Read 383 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sep 11, 2017 @ 09:24 PM 302,709
The Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets
Hurricanes Irma And Maria Update: Caribbean Luxury Resort Damage Reports

Jim Dobson , Contributor

(UPDATED 11/4/17) Following the devastating Category 5 Hurricane Irma and now powerful Hurricane Maria, many travelers are concerned about their future holiday plans and what the effect has had at their favorite resorts and villas. I have been traveling for years to most of the islands affected and know that the local communities are resilient and will rebuild in record time to welcome back tourists.

more
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimdobson/2017/09/11/hurricane-irma-update-caribbean-luxury-resort-damage-reports/#3857b97019e4

I know this article is a month old but I cannot believe all of these resorts on the islands are just devastated..so sad.

Sad to report: the entire island of around 1,800 people has been evacuated. According to Ambassador Ronald Sanders, “For the first time in 300 years, there’s not a single living person on the island of Barbuda — a civilization that has existed on that island for over 300 years has now been extinguished.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Hurricanes Irma And Maria Update: Caribbean Luxury Resort Damage Reports
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 12:09:20 pm »
That is sad, but most of these resort areas are accustomed to hurricanes.  They don't sit around whining, waiting for government help.  They get busy rebuilding and repairing.  Any business connected to tourism has to,  Tourism is their livelihood.

I will be in Florida the week after Thanksgiving, so I called the hotel.  No worries.  I was assured that everything is back to normal.  Of course, I don't think that locale got anything near the devastation suffered by other places.