Author Topic: Sutherland Springs shooter escaped mental health facility after attack on his wife  (Read 710 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Can't get copy and paste to work

Many more details from his Holloman Air Force days. Sneaked guns onto base, left mental health facility and bought a bus ticket to leave town, threatened to kill military superiors. Very disturbing. He never should have been released.

https://www.ksat.com/news/sutherland-springs-church-shooter-escaped-mental-health-facility-months-after-attack-on-wife-child
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
...just terrific.. 8888crybaby
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Can't sue the USAF and expect to get anything.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
....and he got weapons
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Genetics and epigenetics may discover more about "bad seed" chemistry.

(they already have done work on so called "warrior genes")

Warrior gene

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_A
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Where is his family???
Support the USO

Offline austingirl

Where is his family???

Haven't heard a word about his family- just that he was living in their house on the outskirts of New Braunfels and that dad was a computer programmer. Not even sure if parents were living there as well -or any results from the search warrants there.

Offline austingirl

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/suspect-in-church-shooting-involved-in-alleged-sexual-assault-in-2013

It gets worse. Officials in Comal County say the suspect in the Sutherland Springs church shooting was involved in an alleged sexual assault four years ago.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/suspect-in-church-shooting-involved-in-alleged-sexual-assault-in-2013

It gets worse. Officials in Comal County say the suspect in the Sutherland Springs church shooting was involved in an alleged sexual assault four years ago.

@austingirl thanks for all your work...greatly appreciated.
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

How many "cracks" did this monster slip through??

Where were the people who cared????
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline austingirl

@austingirl thanks for all your work...greatly appreciated.

As a very small Texas town resident, this hits close to home.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As a very small Texas town resident, this hits close to home.

I understand...I have been crying for two days....I shouldn't have looked at the victims..one boy looked just like my grandson....My husband told me to stop looking at all this, that I was an emotional wreck... 8888crybaby
Support the USO

Offline roamer_1

How many "cracks" did this monster slip through??

Where were the people who cared????

I find it surprising, this shock that folks have when they discover the 'system' seldom works. And from it will come more laws, more strictures, more lost liberties, which will only make the system work with even less granularity, and leave law abiding citizens with less options.

All the Law is good for is showing up with the body bags.
At any given time, if you are not personally ready to defend yourself and others, you are ready to be a victim. End of story.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Where is his family???

I read a statement made by an uncle.  David Ivey, I think. 

Offline austingirl

Just confirmed that this sexual assault was investigated for 3 months then dropped because they thought he moved back to Colorado!

Offline austingirl

Offline austingirl

new info-shooter may have ordered guns online while in mental hospital.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/report-suspect-may-have-ordered-guns-online-before-fleeing-mental-health-facility/490305487

He was on meds for ADHD, anxiety and depression.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
new info-shooter may have ordered guns online while in mental hospital.

http://www.kens5.com/news/local/report-suspect-may-have-ordered-guns-online-before-fleeing-mental-health-facility/490305487

He was on meds for ADHD, anxiety and depression.
That is a red herring, really.

The point of failure is the background check and the database it relied on.

Even if he ordered the firearm online, he still has to take delivery at an Federal Firearms Licensed dealer, and still has to fill out the Form 4473 and go through the background check at NICS.

It is moot whether he found the gun of his dreams on the web, in a mail order catalogue, or ad in a newsletter, or saw it from the customer side of the counter at the store. The same forms have to be completed and and background check(s) passed prior to taking delivery of the firearm, for the jurisdiction in which it is received.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

That is a red herring, really.

The point of failure is the background check and the database it relied on.

Even if he ordered the firearm online, he still has to take delivery at an Federal Firearms Licensed dealer, and still has to fill out the Form 4473 and go through the background check at NICS.

It is moot whether he found the gun of his dreams on the web, in a mail order catalogue, or ad in a newsletter, or saw it from the customer side of the counter at the store. The same forms have to be completed and and background check(s) passed prior to taking delivery of the firearm, for the jurisdiction in which it is received.

@Smokin Joe
Agreed it is moot- except for showing his desire to get his hands on guns even while in a mental clinic.

New story today about an ex-girlfriend:

https://www.ksat.com/news/sutherland-springs/ex-girlfriend-of-texas-church-gunman-recalls-relationship-devin-was-a-very-disgusting-person

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe
Agreed it is moot- except for showing his desire to get his hands on guns even while in a mental clinic.

New story today about an ex-girlfriend:

https://www.ksat.com/news/sutherland-springs/ex-girlfriend-of-texas-church-gunman-recalls-relationship-devin-was-a-very-disgusting-person
Somehow, her characterization does not surprise me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis