Author Topic: A must-win for Dems in Virginia  (Read 8758 times)

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
Re: A must-win for Dems in Virginia
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2017, 01:39:14 am »
Never Trumper Gillespie goes down.

Are you saying it was a protest vote and Republicans crossed over to vote for Northam?
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:01 am »
Like De Blasio in the New York City mayoral race. There’s pathetically low voter turnout, but enough zombies will come out who don’t know or care he’s a communist or that he’s corrupt, and they have no real enthusiasm for De Blasio but won’t vote for his opponent Nicole Malliotakis because, well, she’s the republican (young, sharp and cute, too).

Nobody knows who she is.  The only opponent in the race against him with any name recognition is Bo Dietl, who is a functional retard.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2017, 01:49:59 am »
Meanwhile, the alphabet soup lobby's chosen one, Danica Roem, now has knocked off one of the most entrenched members of the Virginia Assembly, Bob Marshall.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online dfwgator

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2017, 01:56:37 am »
Are you saying it was a protest vote and Republicans crossed over to vote for Northam?
I am saying it suppressed the Republican vote.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2017, 02:11:44 am »
I am saying it suppressed the Republican vote.
Gimme a break. Trump endorsed Gillespie.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online dfwgator

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2017, 02:14:12 am »
Gimme a break. Trump endorsed Gillespie.

But Gillespie distanced himself from Trump. Gillespie was just the typical Romney-ish GOPe candidate that generated little enthusiasm.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 02:15:17 am by dfwgator »

Offline Concerned

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2017, 02:24:48 am »
But Gillespie distanced himself from Trump. Gillespie was just the typical Romney-ish GOPe candidate that generated little enthusiasm.

And yet the Republican Party of VA paid for Trump to do a robocall on behalf of Gillespie just today.  That's some distancing.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/virginia-voters-get-robocall-from-trump-vouching-for-ed-gillespie/article/2639945
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 02:25:14 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2017, 02:28:44 am »
And yet the Republican Party of VA paid for Trump to do a robocall on behalf of Gillespie just today.  That's some distancing.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/virginia-voters-get-robocall-from-trump-vouching-for-ed-gillespie/article/2639945

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!
7:40 PM - Nov 7, 2017

Offline Concerned

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2017, 02:52:09 am »
Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!

If your point is that Trump is on both sides of the Gillespie issue (like he is on so many issues), I agree.  That Tweet is from tonight AFTER the results were clear.  This is from today's robocall BEFORE the results were clear: 

“Hello, this is President Donald Trump, and so importantly I need you to vote for Ed Gillespie to be your new governor of Virginia,” Trump says in the call. “If you let Ralph Northam be governor, he will be a total disaster for your state. Northam is weak on crime, weak on immigration, and as your lieutenant governor, Northam has driven your economy right into a ditch, and he didn’t even show up to the most important meetings. He was always missing and nowhere to be found.”

Trump adds: “Like me, Ed is tough on crime and on the border. Ed will protect your family from crime, drugs and violence — something Northam will never do. And Ed loves the vets, loves the military, and loves your Second Amendment. With your help, Ed Gillespie will help make America great again, a phrase that I like a lot. Vote Ed Gillespie."

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/07/gillespie-robo-call-trump-make-america-great-244645

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2017, 03:02:39 am »
The bottom line is that NoVa is now filled with Marylanders who have escaped the hell hole they built north of the Potomac in favor of the excellent schools, lower cost of living, and low taxes of Fairfax County, and are now turning that county into the same type of hell hole they built in Montgomery and Fredrick counties, Md.

Liberals lost the capacity to learn.  They implement policies that destroy their cost of living, move to a new place, and do the exact same thing all over again.

You want to turn Virginia back into a Conservative state?  Then cut back the size of the federal government.  The only reason those people live near DC is because of all the government spending.  If Republicans actually did what they claim to be for, then we would be celebrating the election of Mark Obenshain as the new governor while wishing the best for outgoing governor Cuccinelli.  But Republicans choose to dig their own graves instead.  At least Democrats understand power.  They read 1984 and learned from it in a bad way.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2017, 03:08:01 am »

Trump called me 4 times to encourage me to vote for Gillespie.

OWN THAT!!
Countdown to Resignation

Online dfwgator

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2017, 03:12:46 am »
Trump called me 4 times to encourage me to vote for Gillespie.

OWN THAT!!

It was Gillespie who failed to embrace Trump, not the other way around.  Trump was merely being a good soldier.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2017, 03:15:52 am »
A lot of government workers in that state too.  9999hair out0000

Online corbe

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2017, 03:16:22 am »
   I don't hang Gillespie's loss on Trump that was a no win to begin with, Terry saw to that.
   Now Luther in Alabama that's some bright coattails that disappeared rather quickly, that looked BAD.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2017, 03:18:07 am »
A lot of government workers in that state too.  9999hair out0000

A frickin' Tranny won there as well.

Virginia is lost.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2017, 03:20:10 am »
Haven't been around in awhile...seems nothing has changed...

AT figuring out new ways to defend the guy...NT feeling vindicated in their opposition to the guy...

Meanwhile the idiots in Washington haven't got anything done...which is a good thing in my view :whistle:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2017, 03:30:55 am »
   I don't hang Gillespie's loss on Trump that was a no win to begin with, Terry saw to that.
   Now Luther in Alabama that's some bright coattails that disappeared rather quickly, that looked BAD.

:thumbsup:

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2017, 03:33:27 am »
You don't think they can win? They took over the house in 2006, they can do it again.

They seem likely to at this point.  9% lead on generic ballot, whereas they only needed 8% to get a 15 seat majority in 2006.  I don't think a president's party has ever retained control when he had ratings this low.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2017, 03:35:57 am »

When is the Alabama election?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2017, 03:47:11 am »
They seem likely to at this point.  9% lead on generic ballot, whereas they only needed 8% to get a 15 seat majority in 2006.  I don't think a president's party has ever retained control when he had ratings this low.

If they win control of state legislatures, they will gerrymander the crap out of the House and it will be in Dem control for years to come.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2017, 03:54:46 am »
It was Gillespie who failed to embrace Trump, not the other way around.  Trump was merely being a good soldier.

Face reality. Disgust with Trump is going to ruin conservative chances for the next decade, maybe more.

You will have s new excuse EVERY time.

Talk about whistling past the graveyard.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online dfwgator

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2017, 04:00:56 am »
Face reality. Disgust with Trump is going to ruin conservative chances for the next decade, maybe more.

You will have s new excuse EVERY time.

Talk about whistling past the graveyard.

Oh yes, because the GOP was doing so well before Trump came along. /s

Silver Pines

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2017, 04:19:54 am »

@dfwgator

Oh, for the love of God,  "didn't embrace me."   Because it's all about Trump, right?  Not the country, not policy.  It boils down to "how dare you not bow before my hero."

In my case, you're gonna be waiting a looooong time.

Silver Pines

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2017, 04:23:07 am »

@dfwgator

"Didn't embrace Trump"

Do you really not know how you sound?

Silver Pines

« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2017, 04:26:33 am »
   McAuliffe, the Clinton bag man is gone, America has already won.

I wouldn't be so sure, @corbe .  I expect he'll use his time squatting in my governor's mansion to run for president.  IMO it was nothing but a stepping stone for him.