Author Topic: Warfarin may prevent cancer  (Read 353 times)

rangerrebew

Warfarin may prevent cancer
« on: November 07, 2017, 11:12:45 am »
Warfarin may prevent cancer
Published Monday 6 November 2017
By Honor Whiteman   
Fact checked by Jasmin Collier   

Warfarin use may lower the risk of cancer development, say researchers.
Warfarin is a medication used to reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke. A new study, however, suggests that the drug may also help to reduce the risk of cancer, particularly for people aged 50 and older.

Study co-author James B. Lorens, Ph.D., of the University of Bergen in Norway, and colleagues recently reported their findings in JAMA Internal Medicine.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/319989.php

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Warfarin may prevent cancer
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 11:21:07 am »
Oh crap....another conspiracy to kill seasoned citizens.

Has anyone here seen one of the Wayfarin commercials??   The damned side-effects of the drug will kill you.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Warfarin may prevent cancer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:54:07 am »
Oh crap....another conspiracy to kill seasoned citizens.

Has anyone here seen one of the Wayfarin commercials??   The damned side-effects of the drug will kill you.

Yeah. I am taking it now. On the drive to work yesterday my nose started bleeding. Fortunately, I had a towel I sit on because my car seat is worn. I pulled it out, held it to my face, and continued on my merry way.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley