Author Topic: Convoy ONS 5  (Read 2185 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Convoy ONS 5
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 08:26:52 am »

Jeremiah 50:23-24 also mentions the trap that causes Babylon to fall.

" How the hammer of the whole earth has been cut off and broken! How Babylon has become an object of horror among the nations!

I set a snare for you and you were also caught, O Babylon, while you yourself were not aware; You have been found and also seized because you have engaged in conflict with the Lord. "

New American Standard Bible

I want a eyewitness account from other source than the Bible. In other words, who saw it happen. Historians do not take it by heresay.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:28:21 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2017, 08:36:14 am »
@KingsX
@DemolitionMan

Thank you for a very interesting thread. Bookmarking

I have to leave - but I'm going to ponder this and try to get back to you when I can. :)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 08:45:59 am »

I want a eyewitness account from other source than the Bible. In other words, who saw it happen. Historians do not take it by heresay.

The Bible is also a history book. As we both posted about previously...  the Bible plus two ancient Greek historians,  Herodotus and Xenophon,  all tell us that Cyrus conquered Babylon via a secret invasion.

If you chose not to believe it... that's up to you.

Btw... you ignored my post about the 'warrior on a white horse' symbolism used by a major military today.  Maybe you're not curious or interested... or maybe you already know it.

As for having an eyewitness account... maybe that can be arranged for prophetic Babylon.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:47:28 am by KingsX »

Offline KingsX

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 09:16:02 am »

@KingsX

@DemolitionMan

Thank you for a very interesting thread. Bookmarking

I have to leave - but I'm going to ponder this and try to get back to you when I can. :)

Glad you found our conversation interesting and hopefully informative.

Cyrus' ancient Achaemenid empire is a special passion of mine. 

Cyrus' empire began with his defeat of Babylon and Cyrus' decree for Israelites to return to rebuild Jerusalem and the temple [Ezra 1.]  As long as the Achaemenid Persians ruled [about 200 years] they benevolently ruled over the holy land.

I personally believe Cyrus [who Isaiah 45 calls God's anointed] and his Aryan Achaemenids [Darius, Xerxes, etc... who were divided into 10 to 12 tribes] were descended from Israelites from the Northern kingdom who Assyria removed from the holy land in the 8th century BC and resettled in the cities of the Medes... but that is another topic.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:24:47 am by KingsX »

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 09:49:16 am »

The Bible is also a history book. As we both posted about previously...  the Bible plus two ancient Greek historians,  Herodotus and Xenophon,  all tell us that Cyrus conquered Babylon via a secret invasion.

If you chose not to believe it... that's up to you.

Btw... you ignored my post about the 'warrior on a white horse' symbolism used by a major military today.  Maybe you're not curious or interested... or maybe you already know it.

As for having an eyewitness account... maybe that can be arranged for prophetic Babylon.

But there is no eyewitness accounts. Not every book of the Bible specifies who wrote it. For example, the author of the book of Hebrews is unknown. For many books of the Bible, there is simply no way to be certain who the human author is.

https://overviewbible.com/authors-who-wrote-bible/
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:55:14 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline KingsX

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 09:52:51 am »

@DemolitionMan

There is another ancient account that describes Cyrus' peaceful conquest of Babylon... the "Cyrus Cylinder"  found in the ruins of ancient Babylon and now in the British museum.

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/cyrus/cyrus_charter.php

http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=327188&partId=1

Some here might be interested in a translated line from the first link about the evil king of Babylon who "caused the daily offering to cease. "

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:59:19 am by KingsX »

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 09:56:04 am »

@DemolitionMan

There is another ancient account that describes Cyrus' conquest of Babylon... the "Cyrus Cylinder"  found in the ruins of ancient Babylon and now in the British museum.

http://www.iranchamber.com/history/cyrus/cyrus_charter.php

http://www.britishmuseum.org/research/collection_online/collection_object_details.aspx?objectId=327188&partId=1

Another account. There many interpretations of history.Does the person give his name. Next week they may find another interpretation.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:57:30 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 09:58:36 am »
Another account. There many interpretations of history.Does the person give his name. Next week they may find another interpretation.

We call this a draw and we are straying from the topic.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:59:26 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline KingsX

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2017, 10:07:50 am »

Like the Bible,  history is a revelation...
no matter how much one studies it... there are more wonderful secrets to learn.

" It is the glory of God to conceal things,
and  the glory of kings is to search things out. "

Proverbs 25:2

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2017, 10:09:45 am »

Like the Bible,  history is a revelation...
no matter how much one studies it... there are more wonderful secrets to learn.

" It is the glory of God to conceal things,
and  the glory of kings is to search things out. "

Proverbs 25:2

Offline KingsX

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2017, 06:31:30 pm »

Your topic is about a 75 year old war.  I assumed it has a current application similar to my ancient history posts.

After all... that is a major reason to study history...  to repeat a winning tactic... or not repeat a loss.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:36:20 pm by KingsX »