Author Topic: US arms will help Japan shoot North Korean missiles 'out of the sky': Trump  (Read 625 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Walter Sim

Visiting US President Donald Trump said on Monday (Nov 6) that he expects Japan to shoot down any missiles fired by North Korea over its territory “once it completes the purchase of US military equipment”.

But Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, standing beside him, offered a more measured take.

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/japan-to-freeze-assets-of-35-north-korean-groups-individuals-pm-shinzo-abe
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmZL145Lrw

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPSWixDdxZw
Raytheon's Standard Missile-3 Shoots Down Satellite

In 2008, the U.S. government used Raytheon's Standard Missile-3 to intercept a non-functioning satellite that contained toxic fuel. The SM-3 was modified for this unique operation and performed beyond its intended capabilities to intercept the target over the Pacific Ocean. This video animates the SM-3's interception of the satellite.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:17:18 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Let's see how these systems REALLY work -- next time the NORKs fire another missile.

And don't give me that crap about "we can't try because we don't want to reveal our capabilities".

You either have what it takes (a successful shoot-down) or not.

So do it, or... shut up.

Offline DemolitionMan

Let's see how these systems REALLY work -- next time the NORKs fire another missile.

And don't give me that crap about "we can't try because we don't want to reveal our capabilities".

You either have what it takes (a successful shoot-down) or not.

So do it, or... shut up.

It has been tested on failing satellites(USA-193) and the Japanese has tested this. It is up to their leadership to shoot it down.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIM-161_Standard_Missile_3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Burnt_Frost
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 02:57:44 am by DemolitionMan »