Author Topic: John McCain Confirms: Tax Reform Is "DOA In The Senate"  (Read 5039 times)

Offline bilo

Re: John McCain Confirms: Tax Reform Is "DOA In The Senate"
« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2017, 06:18:47 pm »
Only about 1/2 dozen fall into that category. McCain, Collins, Corker and a few others.
If you're correct and only 6 Pubs fall into the category of liars and cheats why is it that they still have committee chairmanships and have the party backing them in fund raising? BTW, the "Tuesday morning caucus" is a lot more than 6 and they screwed up the repeal on the House side.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2017, 06:21:23 pm »

Whatever happened to the saying that we voters are their employers?  I don't know about anyone else here, but if I treated my employers the way these charlatans treat us voters, I would have been in the unemployment line.

They don't care about the voters anymore. Maybe there is a good reason for that.

' It's not who votes that counts but who counts the votes.'

Offline KingsX

« Reply #77 on: November 07, 2017, 06:26:19 pm »

Only about 1/2 dozen fall into that category. McCain, Collins, Corker and a few others.

Those are among the few who stood up against the GOP's tax fiasco liars like Lying Ted.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2017, 07:06:12 pm »

Those are among the few who stood up against the GOP's tax fiasco liars like Lying Ted.

Well, there are no heroes in all this.  The tax plan, like the numerous versions of Obamacare "repeal,"  is not meant to fulfill the promises made by Republicans to the voters.  None of them wants to keep their promises.  So they are looking to come up with  some half-azz legislation, call it tax reform, Trump will sign it without reading it, and all of them can claim they kept their promises.  This is what they tried to do with so-called Obamacare 'repeal," but even that failed miserably.  Good Grief!  They are all so inept they can't even agree on how to bamboozle the voters. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2017, 07:15:50 pm »

It's well known here that you're against whatever Senator Cruz is for.

"Lyin' Ted" is an Orange Brigade dog whistle, whose shelf life expired a year ago.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2017, 07:26:43 pm »
Clearly, one poster here prefers the current Democrat tax rates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2017, 01:27:44 am »
@skeeter
Boy is that ever true. It is like a disease of some kind. Some kind of insatiable lust/greed for money and power. Enough is never Enough. It is more important to them than life itself.

I could never live like that. I can't even imagine thinking like that. I want to have some fun, live my life. I have a bucket list. I want to buy a place in Aruba and chill out. I don't want to have to 'go to work' when I am 90 years old. Maybe they have some kind of mental illness that makes them think that as long as they 'stay in office', they cannot die. It really does look that way.

Something is really wrong with those guys. On a serious level. They are never going to leave office until the paramedics have to pry their hands off their desks. It's a mental illness.
When Quentin Burdick was still in office, a friend tried to have a conversation with him on the plane and said he really had trouble with that. His staffers propped him up for his last run, complete with ads of old file footage and voice-overs and got him reelected the last time. The Staffers didn't want to lose their positions.
They are the crew who do the heavy lifting, for the most part, write the stuff, etc.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2017, 01:30:29 am »
If you're correct and only 6 Pubs fall into the category of liars and cheats why is it that they still have committee chairmanships and have the party backing them in fund raising? BTW, the "Tuesday morning caucus" is a lot more than 6 and they screwed up the repeal on the House side.
They are just the ones who will take point because their constituents won't boot them for that particular vote. I think that gets passed around, who will be able to defect from the alleged party line and vote with the dems, depending on the issue. Gun control, until the ACA, was about the only universally radioactive issue.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2017, 01:32:33 am »
Well, there are no heroes in all this.  The tax plan, like the numerous versions of Obamacare "repeal,"  is not meant to fulfill the promises made by Republicans to the voters.  None of them wants to keep their promises.  So they are looking to come up with  some half-azz legislation, call it tax reform, Trump will sign it without reading it, and all of them can claim they kept their promises.  This is what they tried to do with so-called Obamacare 'repeal," but even that failed miserably.  Good Grief!  They are all so inept they can't even agree on how to bamboozle the voters.
I am of the age that no matter what they change, it has been my experience that it will impact me and any changes in my life as badly as possible. I got laid off, they ended income averaging. I start a business, they pass the ACA. Perfect timing, and so forth.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2017, 07:42:25 am »
I am of the age that no matter what they change, it has been my experience that it will impact me and any changes in my life as badly as possible. I got laid off, they ended income averaging. I start a business, they pass the ACA. Perfect timing, and so forth.

Boy if that one doesn't ring true in my life too.

EVERY, and I do mean EVERY GD thing I tried, just to keep a roof over my head and the lights turned on, THEY managed to torpedo.

I dumped the fruits of a decade of scraping, working for someone else into starting my own small, one horse business, and THEY managed to TAX the big companies my customers needed to work at in order to become MY customers right out of town.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline KingsX

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2017, 09:53:38 am »

Clearly, one poster here prefers the current Democrat tax rates.

I prefer the current 10% tax rate versus the GOP's proposed 12% tax rate for the lowest income taxpayers.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:54:43 am by KingsX »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2017, 12:38:27 pm »

I prefer the current 10% tax rate versus the GOP's proposed 12% tax rate for the lowest income taxpayers.

I think we should all pay the same rate.  And, not on income.

And, God only asks for 10%.  Not sure why Congress thinks they deserve or need more.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2017, 01:48:58 pm »
I think we should all pay the same rate.  And, not on income.

And, God only asks for 10%.  Not sure why Congress thinks they deserve or need more.

I bet over half of Congress would tell you that if you give them more than you give God they'll take better care of you than He does.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2017, 03:47:56 pm »
I bet over half of Congress would tell you that if you give them more than you give God they'll take better care of you than He does.

I doubt the idea of God would make much of an impression on most of them, since they behave as if they were God and there's no one above them to call them to account.

Ooops, sorry Roosgirl. My bad. I missed the subtlety you worked in there.

"Congress would tell you"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:50:48 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com