Author Topic: Whatever doesn't kill Trump only makes him stronger Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 884 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Whatever doesn't kill Trump only makes him stronger

Victor Davis Hanson  Nov. 5, 2017

Donald Trump presides as he campaigned. He is proving a Nietzschean figure in the sense that “what does not kill him makes him stronger.”

Each time the media, Republican enemies and the Democratic opposition seem to have Trump on the ropes, the president emerges far less wounded than his critics. The list of felled detractors includes: the National Football League, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Kathy Griffin and John Podesta.

SNIP
<Excerpted by MOD>

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/la-oe-election-anniversary-updates-whatever-doesn-t-kill-trump-only-makes-1509745316-htmlstory.html

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:22:27 pm by Mod1 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Whatever doesn't kill Trump only makes him stronger Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 12:49:52 am »
FTA:

Trump’s eventual fate lies not in his tweets and tiffs, but in the economy and crises abroad. If he achieves economic growth and avoids optional wars, his party will do well in the 2018 midterm election and he will have a good shot at reelection. If not, he won’t.

This is the bottom line, despite what all the sirens and banshees scream.  He will sink or swim on how the country does, not whether Hollywood celebrities like him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 08:06:02 am »
FTA:

This is the bottom line, despite what all the sirens and banshees scream.  He will sink or swim on how the country does, not whether Hollywood celebrities like him.

:thumbsup3:

1) Trump is at home in bare-knuckle brawling; his opponents are often not. When they try to slog it out, they seem sadly out of character, while Trump appears at ease.

2) The hysterical hatred of Trump blinds his critics to empiricism and disinterested inquiry, which might have otherwise warned them there was little hard evidence of — for example — Russian collusion and other smears in which they have trafficked.

3) Trump has some solid achievements. For example: conservative judicial appointments, an improving economy, a top-notch national security team, deregulation, radical decreases in illegal immigration, the routing of Islamic State, a robust stock market, increased consumer and business confidence, low inflation and unemployment, booming energy production. These “wins” compensate for his personal unpopularity.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 08:53:18 am »
Each time the media, Republican enemies and the Democratic opposition seem to have Trump on the ropes, the president emerges far less wounded than his critics. The list of felled detractors includes: the National Football League, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Kathy Griffin and John Podesta.

Trump died long ago for me, as did the GOP.  Trump's conquest of the NFL and comedians leaves me bored.  Enjoy your conservative champion.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 09:14:05 am »
Trump died long ago for me, as did the GOP.  Trump's conquest of the NFL and comedians leaves me bored.  Enjoy your conservative champion.

Don't forget to pick up an extra pair the next time you buy Bic Razors.

They're easy to misplace, or so I've been told.

The fact that we even Have an NFL, much less that it's full of multi million dollar a year brats, and that America wallows in shouting at their big screen TV bouncing up and down on the couch, consuming every body slam, down, goal, and field goal as if the players can hear them, is How we got to a Trump v Hillary election in the first place.

Enjoy your elevated sense of decorum.

In My Country, everything I hold Sacred is locked in a literal death match with the Left.

If it takes a Trump with his - to some - thuggish and boisterous sensibilities to halt those Armies of Darkness, I'll worry about the 'Clean Up on Aisle Seven' after the Looters are routed from the store.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 04:55:04 pm »

Trump is getting better and better. 

I saw him today at a presser from South Korea ... a place I wouldn't want to be.  It's a bad neighborhood.

Anyway, vital national security issues are being discussed and this little twit from NBC decides to question him about Gun Violence.

He responded so well.  He wasn't rude, he just said (paraphrasing here) I'm surprised you asked me this question here in the midst of the discussion we are having.

Then she smugly asked it again and he gave a really masterful answer.  He said what you can't say.  He said Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country and also the highest gun violence in the country.

He actually remained calm and pleasant while he tore out her throat.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.