Author Topic: R-36M (SS-18 Satan)  (Read 347 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

R-36M (SS-18 Satan)
« on: November 06, 2017, 08:23:17 am »
The R-36 was a Soviet Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM). It was designated by the West as SS-9 Scarp. It was the first model that eventually evolved into a whole R-36 family of Soviet ICBMs. First cold-launch tests of the R-36 missile were conducted in January 1971. This original version, called the Mod.1, was able to carry a single nuclear warhead with a blast yield of 18-25 MT. This missile had a range of 11 200 km. Later the R-36 evolved into the improved R-36M (Western designation SS-18 Satan), capable of carrying a MIRV payload of 10 warheads. Each with 550-750 kT yield.

http://www.military-today.com/missiles/ss18_satan.htm
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: R-36M (SS-18 Satan)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:29:28 am »
The R-36 was a Soviet Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM). It was designated by the West as SS-9 Scarp. It was the first model that eventually evolved into a whole R-36 family of Soviet ICBMs. First cold-launch tests of the R-36 missile were conducted in January 1971. This original version, called the Mod.1, was able to carry a single nuclear warhead with a blast yield of 18-25 MT. This missile had a range of 11 200 km. Later the R-36 evolved into the improved R-36M (Western designation SS-18 Satan), capable of carrying a MIRV payload of 10 warheads. Each with 550-750 kT yield.

http://www.military-today.com/missiles/ss18_satan.htm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qweL00lRSQ
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome