Author Topic: North Korea conflict in months will cause increase in defence spendin  (Read 429 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

ANDREW BURRELL

One of Australia’s leading national security analysts has predicted a military conflict between the US and North Korea within months, a crisis he says that will lead the federal government to massively increase its defence spending.

Peter Jennings, the executive director of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute, told a conference of international delegates in Perth tonight he believed there was a “real risk” of a trigger to a conflict on the Korean Peninsula emerging “within six to nine months”.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/defence/north-korea-conflict-in-months-will-cause-increase-in-defence-spending/news-story/d69c27d233f62a2f7707cbb81d093d1f
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: North Korea conflict in months will cause increase in defence spendin
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 05:40:17 am »
First off this is the stupidest pieces of news I have read in some time. So this brain surgeon Pete just came up with this shocking revelation that if there is a war, the countries involved will have to spend money to do it. This guy should get an award for brilliance.

Secondly, why in the eff do you have a subscription to an Ozzy paper? This is a pay site that doesn't even let you read the first paragraph. Mighty suspicious to see that on a board full of Americans.

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: North Korea conflict in months will cause increase in defence spendin
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 05:44:09 am »
First off this is the stupidest pieces of news I have read in some time. So this brain surgeon Pete just came up with this shocking revelation that if there is a war, the countries involved will have to spend money to do it. This guy should get an award for brilliance.

Secondly, why in the eff do you have a subscription to an Ozzy paper? This is a pay site that doesn't even let you read the first paragraph. Mighty suspicious to see that on a board full of Americans.

I was not expecting a positive comment. The Australian has always been a internet friendly site.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:46:13 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome