Author Topic: Ballistic Missile Fired at Saudi Capital Riyadh  (Read 436 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Ballistic Missile Fired at Saudi Capital Riyadh
« on: November 05, 2017, 04:35:09 am »
haaretz and Reuters

A ballistic missile fired at the Saudi capital of Riyadh from Houthi rebels in Yemen was intercepted by Saudi air defense on Saturday, according to local reports.State-owned Al Ekhbariya TV said the missile was brought down north of King Khaled International Airport and that no casualties had been reported

read more: https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/1.821006
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:37:47 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Ballistic Missile Fired at Saudi Capital Riyadh
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 01:50:17 pm »
This missile was intercepted by the Patriot PAC-3 sold to the Saudis.  The Japanese have the same system as ground based defense and the SM-3 on their Kongo class destroyers.

Neither system is as advanced as the SM-6, THAAD, or Ground Based Missile.  This should dispel the notion we haven’t intercepted North Korean missile tests, because we can’t do it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 04:42:44 am »
This missile was intercepted by the Patriot PAC-3 sold to the Saudis.  The Japanese have the same system as ground based defense and the SM-3 on their Kongo class destroyers.

Neither system is as advanced as the SM-6, THAAD, or Ground Based Missile.  This should dispel the notion we haven’t intercepted North Korean missile tests, because we can’t do it.

It is interesting to note they have the S-400 missile from Russia. How they will intergrate that system is quite a challenge.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:50:27 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 04:49:53 am »
It is interesting to note they have has the S-300 missile from Russia. How they will intergrate that system is quite a challenge.

The PAC-3 is specifically designed to intercept ballistic missiles.  Russia claims the S-300 has ABM and cruise missile intercept capabilities.  If they're smart, they'll keep the S-300 for defense against aircraft. 
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 04:51:25 am »
The PAC-3 is specifically designed to intercept ballistic missiles.  Russia claims the S-300 has ABM and cruise missile intercept capabilities.  If they're smart, they'll keep the S-300 for defense against aircraft.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPFJ1qQjNFI
S-400 Triumf vs MIM-104 Patriot.Russian S-400 Triumf vs U.S  MIM-104 Patriot Air Defense system. This video first shows how both systems work in detail, then later it compares both systems in end.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:54:06 am by DemolitionMan »