Author Topic: Snowflake Meltdown: PTSD Co-Opted To Mean President Trump Stress Disorder  (Read 343 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
joplinglobe
herb van fleet

[excerpt]

http://www.joplinglobe.com/opinion/columns/herb-van-fleet-president-trump-stress-disorder/article_230ebcb8-c0a4-5811-b869-f3dfdc5d785c.html

“Now are the times that try men’s souls.” So wrote Thomas Paine in a pamphlet published in January of 1776. Although the booklet was called “Common Sense,” it was actually the first of a series that Paine wrote titled “The American Crisis.”

The crisis, of course, was the Revolutionary War and the establishment of a new country with a new government.

But here in 2017, there are many of us who can feel Paine’s pain. Indeed, these are the times that try men’s souls. And America is in crisis — perhaps as much as it was 241 years ago. To be sure there is frustration, anxiety, confusion, stress and insecurity aplenty spread across the fruited plain.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:31:06 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline goatprairie

Re: Snowflake Meltdown: PTSD Co-Opted To Mean President Trump Stress Disorder
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 02:11:53 pm »
Another liberal screed by a nitwit who thinks bad things/critical issues began last January.  Things are about like they were many times in our nation's histroy.  I can't recall a time in my near seventy years on this planet when there weren't numerous critical problems facing the country.
Although I voted for him, I'm not a big Trump fan. I wish he'd trash his Twitter, and many times I've wished he'd keep his big fat mouth shut.
However, I believe actions are more important than words. And apart from his juvenile rantings when pipsqueaks attack him, he's done a number of good things.

Online mountaineer

Re: Snowflake Meltdown: PTSD Co-Opted To Mean President Trump Stress Disorder
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 02:14:21 pm »
I'm currently reading David McCullough's "1776," about the American Revolution. Just last night I read that quote from Paine and the context in which it was written. Anyone using those majestic words - and what they truly meant - to whine about Trump should be  bopped upside the head.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org