Author Topic: Demo-catastrophe: It was worse than we thought, and bigger than Bernie vs. Hillary  (Read 258 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Demo-catastrophe: It was worse than we thought, and bigger than Bernie vs. Hillary
Donna Brazile’s bombshell may be overstated, but it helps explain the fiasco of 2016 — and how we got there

Andrew O'Hehir11.04.2017•11:00 AM

More than a year and a half ago, I wrote a column suggesting that Democrats should resist the temptation to gloat at the apparent implosion of the Republican Party, because their own party was in far worse shape than it appeared to be. Honestly, though — I had no idea. There’s an object lesson there for pundits: Sometimes you can be so far wrong that you travel the whole way around the globe and end up being right again.

My governing assumptions in March 2016 were highly conventional ones: Republicans were likely to turn on Donald Trump, sooner rather than later, and wind up nominating someone marginally more normal. Hillary Clinton was exceptionally likely to be the next president. Bernie Sanders’ insurgent campaign was essentially over, after a series of lopsided Clinton victories in large Southern states.

more
https://www.salon.com/2017/11/04/demo-catastrophe-it-was-worse-than-we-thought-and-goes-way-beyond-bernie-vs-hillary/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34