Author Topic: Yes, Germany Could Have Won World War I (And Changed History Forever)  (Read 1063 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Michael Peck

Imperial Germany was a nation too clever for its own good. Case in point: invading neutral Belgium. From a military perspective, advancing to Belgium was a brilliant move to sidestep north of the French armies and fortifications on the Franco-German border, and then turn south to capture Paris and encircle the French armies from the rear. It reflected the traditional German preference for mobile warfare (Bewegungskrieg), which favored superior German tactics, rather than a static war of attrition (Stellungskrieg) that could only favor their numerically superior opponents.
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/yes-germany-could-have-won-world-war-i-changed-history-20032
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Yes, Germany Could Have Won World War I (And Changed History Forever)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 06:50:05 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHeMPV5VDR4

The Schlieffen Plan - And Why It Failed
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 07:30:26 am »
The Germans had something like this called Case Yellow in 1940. The was a plan to push the Allied forces back through central Belgium to the Somme river, in northern France, with similarities to the 1914 campaign of the First World War. But this was changed when the Germans were to strike through the Ardennes then swinging to the coast cutting off all retreating Allied forces. This is called the sickelstroke. The Ardennes Forest Front had the worst equipped and worst training in the French Army. The French thought that an army could not go through the Ardennes.The Germans knew that it was weakly manned and they took advantage of it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 07:38:40 am by DemolitionMan »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 09:12:05 am »
Bookmark

Thanks for posting, @DemolitionMan

I wonder, if Germany had won WW 1 , Hitler probably would have gone to art school- no holocaust.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:13:38 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 01:36:05 pm »
Bookmark

Thanks for posting, @DemolitionMan

I wonder, if Germany had won WW 1 , Hitler probably would have gone to art school- no holocaust.

If Germany had won decisively on the Western front in the early part of the war, not only no Hitler and no Holocaust, but no Lenin sent into Russia, no German financing of the Bolsheviks, so no Holodomor, no Gulag, no Cold War, likewise no carving up of the Ottoman Empire, meaning no Ataturk leaving a still functioning moderning Caliph as Sultan in Constantinople, and thus no Sunni terrorism.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 10:30:06 pm »
If Germany had won decisively on the Western front in the early part of the war, not only no Hitler and no Holocaust, but no Lenin sent into Russia, no German financing of the Bolsheviks, so no Holodomor, no Gulag, no Cold War, likewise no carving up of the Ottoman Empire, meaning no Ataturk leaving a still functioning moderning Caliph as Sultan in Constantinople, and thus no Sunni terrorism.
That's right. Wilhelm sent Lenin to Russia to disrupt his cousin's monarchy so the Tsar couldn't beleaguer him in the East and to free up the divisions Wilhelm needed in the West.  That shaped much of the 20th Century. The effect might have been that China would not have become Communist, and Korea, Vietnam, Pol Pot, etc. all might not have happened the way it did.  Americans might have been going to resorts in Cuba in the '60s and 70s...

That alone might have made the world a different place
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 01:06:54 am »
WWII gets all the press, but the entire world flipped on it's head from the fallout of WWI. We are still living in the fallout 100 years later.
The Republic is lost.