Author Topic: Bowling Green man charged with assaulting Paul at senator's home  (Read 2859 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Bowling Green man charged with assaulting Paul at senator's home
« on: November 04, 2017, 08:21:13 pm »
Early reporting:

BG man charged with assaulting Paul at senator's home
DON SERGENT dsergent@bgdailynews.com

Breaking

BG man charged with assaulting Paul at senator's home
Bowling Green man charged with assaulting Sen. Paul

Rene Boucher

A Bowling Green man was arrested Friday and charged with fourth-degree assault following an incident at the Bowling Green home of U.S. Sen. Rand Paul.

Rene Boucher, 59, is in the Warren County Regional Jail in lieu of a $5,000 bond, according to online jail records available Saturday afternoon.

Paul suffered minor injuries, according to a news release from Kentucky State Police Post 3 in Bowling Green, which did not describe the circumstances surrounding the incident.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/bowling-green-man-charged-with-assaulting-sen-paul/article_e0d36d03-f357-5161-8267-3aa317e978c7.html

$5,000 bond doesn't seem like too much, so this wasn't a serious incident?? Minor injuries??

Because with a $5000 bond, doesn't a bail bondsman often pick up 90% and the inmate usually just has to pay the bb, 10% or $500?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:27:19 pm by TomSea »

Offline endicom

Re: Bowling Green man charged with assaulting Paul at senator's home
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 08:52:36 pm »
Townhall
Beth Baumann
Nov. 4, 2017

On Friday afternoon, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) was assaulted in his Warren County home.

According to WBKO-TV, Dr. Rene Bousher, 59, intentionally assaulted the senator, causing minor injuries.

More... https://townhall.com/notebook/bethbaumann/2017/11/04/report-sen-rand-paul-assault-in-his-kentucky-home-n2404932

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 09:07:45 pm »

One MD attacks another MD at the latter's home?

Classified as a misdemeanor, this could cost him one year in prison.

IMO any battery should be a felony. This is battery, not merely assault (in which a blow of contact need not occur).
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 09:11:32 pm »
Weird.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 09:26:22 pm »
This dude appears to be a Leftist kook.

Boucher is a registered Democrat. Since Trump’s ascendency to the president, Boucher has been severely critical the GOP on Facebook. Boucher is shown to be an advocate for gun control and healthcare reform. There does not seem to be any posts that target Senator Paul.

https://heavy.com/news/2017/11/rene-boucher-rand-paul-assault/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 10:05:28 pm »

Boucher is a registered Democrat. Since Trump’s ascendency to the president, Boucher has been severely critical the GOP on Facebook. Boucher is shown to be an advocate for gun control and healthcare reform. There does not seem to be any posts that target Senator Paul.

maybe he was hoping Rand pulled a gun on him so Boucher would be sacrificed for the cause.

Weirdos think that way, you know like a Jihadist.

Speaking  of weirdos, Frank are the Austinites howling into the sky there today?  @Frank Cannon
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 11:09:51 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 10:12:06 pm »
More discussion in the national news forum on this article:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,289611.0.html

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 10:13:42 pm »

I didn't know if that is the right guy as the police apparently misspelled his name as Bousher.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 10:14:28 pm »
Rand must have gotten no more than a bruise on the cheek or something, maybe (pure conjecture) Boucher slapped Senator Rand Paul.  It sure seems like this Boucher is being treated leniently. What the heck?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 10:25:29 pm »
Lots of Dems right on the edge. It doesn't take much to set them off.  Maybe Trump's greatest feat will be pushing a lot of liberals into the loony bin. Hopefully, they don't do like the one guy who tried to kill a lot Republican pols last June.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 10:26:21 pm »
One MD attacks another MD at the latter's home?

Classified as a misdemeanor, this could cost him one year in prison.

IMO any battery should be a felony. This is battery, not merely assault (in which a blow of contact need not occur).

Misdemeanor Assault and Battery, I've wandered about this before. I heard about a case in a university and one of the students must have hit the other. Misdemeanor only.

https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/violent-crime/california-assault-battery-laws  Laws may be similar in other states.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 10:28:33 pm »
More:

His fb page:  https://www.facebook.com/rene.boucher.140

The other thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,289609.0.html

The heavy article even seems to say the two were neighbors and ?? i'd have to read it again, Rand Paul's son knew the daughter of Boucher. Check the facts oneself.

Online Mod2

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 12:07:38 am »
Threads merged.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 12:10:59 am »
... A Facebook account that appears to be maintained by Boucher contains numerous anti-Donald Trump postings.

On May 17, Boucher posted, “May Robert Mueller fry Trump’s gonads,” a reference to the former FBI director’s investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian government.

There are no postings on the account about Paul, though there are many others that criticize Republicans in general.

Boucher shared one post from the Occupy Democrats account citing left-wing academic Noam Chomsky’s criticism of the Republican party.  ...
Daily Caller
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 12:57:02 am »
I wouldn't want Boucher as my anesthesiologist. He's unstable and should be evaluated.
Principles matter. Words matter.

rangerrebew

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2017, 12:36:26 pm »

11/04/2017 Source: AAN by: AAN

BREAKING: GOP Senator Assaulted At His Home

Senator Rand Paul is recovering this afternoon after being blindsided by an intruder at his home yesterday in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Kentucky State Police responded to a call from the Paul residence at 3:21 pm, according to a local ABC affiliate.

Read more at http://americanactionnews.com/articles/breaking-gop-senator-assaulted-by-violent-dem-at-home#owEgyrGiRbF0jrHj.99

Online Mod2

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2017, 01:30:17 pm »
Another thread merge activated. Please check before posting a news story, as it already may have been posted.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 03:18:18 pm »
What exactly were Rand Paul's injuries?  I haven't read exactly what this crazy leftist did to him to cause injury.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline TomSea

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 03:26:19 pm »
What exactly were Rand Paul's injuries?  I haven't read exactly what this crazy leftist did to him to cause injury.
Every one wonders this, this seems to be what happened:

Sen. Rand Paul's neighbor was arrested after he allegedly "tackled [Sen. Rand Paul] from behind" at the senator's Bowling Green, Kentucky home, according to a court document.

The Republican senator informed responding state police troopers that Rene Boucher, 59, approached him on his property at around 3:30 p.m. on Friday and allegedly "tackled him from behind, forcing him to the ground and causing pain," the complaint warrant, first reported by ABC News affiliate WBKO.

Sen. Paul suffered "small cuts to the nose and mouth area," also was having difficulty breathing "due to a potential rib injury," the warrant states.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sen-rand-paul-blindsided-kentucky-home/story?id=50933869

Boucher released on bail: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-kentucky-politics-assault/kentucky-man-arrested-in-assault-on-senator-rand-paul-released-on-bail-idUSKBN1D40UQ

I bruised a rib once, hit the handlebars on a mountain bike going into a hill, this is nothing to laugh about.

Boucher seems to be treated very leniently.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:29:14 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 03:27:42 pm »
It sure seems like they aren't treating Boucher too severely. Coming up from behind and tackling someone is serious enough. They should at least have him under a mental evaluation, I mean if any of us did this? And he is a neighbor of Paul to boot?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 03:35:23 pm »

The morning DC baseball practice, and this?  I think we are now seeing a definite trend of a an organized leftist violence driven attack on GOP and / or Right of center legislators.  I hope DHS and FBI is taking notes.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:35:47 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 03:44:05 pm »
One of the early articles mentioned one of Rand Paul's sons in relation to the story but I haven't seen anything additionally on this and haven't seen another story relaying this info.

Would have been a felony if a weapon used or if Senator Paul had been more seriously hurt:

Hodges said Boucher would have faced more serious charges if had he used a weapon or if Paul had been injured seriously.

"If he was using any type of a dangerous instrument, then it would have been a felony charge," Hodges said  Saturday.

http://www.businessinsider.com/rand-paul-assaulted-injured-in-bowling-green-kentucky-2017-11

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2017, 01:31:00 am »
I just heard on Fox that Rand Paul had FIVE broken ribs!

I hope they throw the book at this violent leftist.

Offline endicom

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2017, 01:46:50 am »
I just heard on Fox that Rand Paul had FIVE broken ribs!

I hope they throw the book at this violent leftist.

Yeah, I'm posting that separately.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=289767.new#new

« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:49:37 am by endicom »