Author Topic: Why media, officials mistranslate 'Allahu akbar.' Muslim leaders 'want the real meaning of the phrase obscured'  (Read 542 times)

rangerrebew

Why media, officials mistranslate 'Allahu akbar'
Muslim leaders 'want the real meaning of the phrase obscured'
Published: 13 hours ago

As the horrific news broke Tuesday that the driver of a Home Depot rental truck in New York City had mowed over pedestrians and bike riders, “terrorism” naturally came to the minds of most Americans.

When reports began circulating that witnesses heard the perpetrator yell “Allahu akbar,” even law enforcement officials typically reluctant to apply the terrorism label to such incidents acknowledged they were looking at something more than a tragic accident.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/11/why-media-officials-mistranslate-allahu-akbar/#1pTxkYR3xr6ztD77.99

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum

Online roamer_1

It means 'allah is greater', not 'God is great'.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It means 'allah is greater', not 'God is great'.

Yes, it does NOT mean "God" as in the G-d that you and I worship "is good". 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The phrase 'Allah hu Akbar' has nothing to do with 'Peace' as Bush tried to sell us.

It means that their moon God is dominant. What the exact translation would be is more like, "Islam and Muslims dominate the Earth". That is really what they are saying.

"Peace" has absolutely nothing to do with it. The best historical equivalent would be as if they are yelling "Heil Hitler" in Arabic.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:18:52 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia