Author Topic: Japan's Military Provides America with New Strategic Options  (Read 375 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Japan's Military Provides America with New Strategic Options
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:27:32 am »
Jonathan W. Kuntz

Fresh off a major election victory, many observers expect Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe and the Liberal Democratic Party to renew efforts to modify the seemingly pacifist Article 9 of the Constitution of Japan, something they were previously unable to accomplish. Yet an amendment may not be as important as previously thought, since the actions of the People’s Republic of China and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) helped Abe relax military restrictions in recent years, and arguably aided his re-election.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/japans-military-provides-america-new-strategic-options-23003
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Japan's Military Provides America with New Strategic Options
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 09:30:28 am »
Jonathan W. Kuntz

Fresh off a major election victory, many observers expect Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe and the Liberal Democratic Party to renew efforts to modify the seemingly pacifist Article 9 of the Constitution of Japan, something they were previously unable to accomplish. Yet an amendment may not be as important as previously thought, since the actions of the People’s Republic of China and the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) helped Abe relax military restrictions in recent years, and arguably aided his re-election.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/japans-military-provides-america-new-strategic-options-23003

This would cause Japan to reinterpret Article 9. This has forbade Japan a military for offensive purposes
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome