Author Topic: Russia Is Showing off Its Lethal Missile-Launching Tanks  (Read 334 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Russia Is Showing off Its Lethal Missile-Launching Tanks
« on: November 04, 2017, 09:08:14 am »
Robert Beckhusen

Risk or no risk, the TOS-1A remains popular, if a niche weapon given the firepower.

Lumbering with oversized, boxy turrets, TOS-1A Buratino thermobaric rocket tanks rolled out at the Shikhany training ground in southeast Russia in late October 2017. An array of tubes mounted on a T-72 tank chassis, the 45.3-ton Buratino is hardly a new weapon but one that has become increasingly popular internationally for its firepower.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russia-showing-its-lethal-missile-launching-tanks-22992
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Russia Is Showing off Its Lethal Missile-Launching Tanks
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 09:10:31 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1crK-_FsKY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=govStN7X6PI

Russian Buratino TOS-1 MLRS Firing Rocket's Against.....(Latakia Mountains Region)!!In 2001, the improved TOS-1A system entered service. The improved system's range has been extended to 6 kilometers and its ballistic computer has been upgraded.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:11:24 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome