Author Topic: Republicans just introduced a resolution to remove Mueller from the Trump-Russia investigation  (Read 414 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Finally!  An outcry for his removal should have been a long time ago....we'll see how far this goes.

Republicans just introduced a resolution to remove Mueller from the Trump-Russia investigation

.............. Reps. Matt Gaetz of Florida, Andy Biggs of Arizona, and Louie Gohmert of Texas say Mueller should step down because he was the FBI director in 2010 when US government agencies approved the sale of Uranium One, a Canadian energy company, to a Russian nuclear-energy firm. The deal required approval because Uranium One had mining operations in the US.

Gaetz says the issue is that Mueller's FBI had found evidence of criminal activity that may have been relevant to the deal but did not bring any charges, and that Mueller therefore should recuse himself from the current investigation.

"These deeply troubling events took place when Mr. Mueller was the Director of the FBI. As such, his impartiality is hopelessly compromised," Gaetz said in a statement. "He must step down immediately." ..........

..........Some conservatives have latched on to the Uranium One deal recently, pointing to a report tangentially tying the deal to the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, who was the secretary of state at the time, and her husband, former President Bill Clinton.

http://www.businessinsider.com/republicans-introduce-bill-to-remove-bob-mueller-from-special-counsel-2017-11
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

They make a fair point. How can we have a corrupt loser investigating corruption?

Offline Suppressed

They make a fair point. How can we have a corrupt loser investigating corruption?

Unfortunately, I doubt they (and the Administration) have enough discipline to get that point out.  Instead, it will seem self-serving.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Unfortunately, I doubt they (and the Administration) have enough discipline to get that point out.  Instead, it will seem self-serving.

That's what you think, but from looking around they are doing a good job keeping this story, the MSM won't cover, alive. Let's see if the Sunday shows can ignore this fairly bold move by Gohmert and the boys.

Offline endicom

What's good for the Sessions is good for the Mueller.

And if they can't find anyone who shouldn't recuse then it's over. :-)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, that is the issue.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yes, that is the issue.

At this point, really, the GOP has nothing to lose by removing him and Trump has nothing to lose by firing Sessions.  The DEMS have been calling foul since Hillary lost.  What the GOP and Trump don't want to happen now is for Manafort to cut a deal with the DEMS to reduce his time or be granted a get out of jail free card for false testimony against Trump. Clinton's pockets and ties run very, very deep.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.