Author Topic: Federal Judge Proposes May 7 Trial Date for Manafort  (Read 391 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Federal Judge Proposes May 7 Trial Date for Manafort
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:52:20 pm »
CourtHouse News by  DAN MCCUE November 3, 2017

A federal judge on Friday proposed a May 7 trial date for President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates.

U.S. District Judge Amy Berman Jackson said she would hear arguments about that date at a hearing scheduled for Nov. 6.

“The parties should be advised that the Court is not inclined to establish a schedule that is subject to periodic continuances; any trial date that is set in this case will be a firm trial date,” the judge said in her two-page order.

The judge’s decision came hours after Special Counsel Robert Mueller informed Berman Jackson that his prosecutors will need three weeks at trial to present their case against the ex-Trump campaign officials.

Responding to request for a time estimate from the judge, Mueller prosecutor Kyle Freeny wrote the government will likely need 15 trial days to present evidence supporting a 12-count indictment unsealed Monday alleging violations of federal money laundering, banking and foreign lobbying laws.

More: https://www.courthousenews.com/mueller-anticipates-three-week-trial-manafort/

Offline skeeter

Re: Federal Judge Proposes May 7 Trial Date for Manafort
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:55:34 pm »
Under house arrest for a half year. For questionable tax charges and a hardly ever prosecuted failure to file charge.

While Podesta skates.

I understand the judge is even preventing Manafort from accessing his insurance policy. What bullsh*t.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:57:39 pm by skeeter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 10:01:02 pm »
Under house arrest for a half year. For questionable tax charges and a hardly ever prosecuted failure to file charge.

While Podesta skates.

I understand the judge is even preventing Manafort from accessing his insurance policy. What bullsh*t.
Doesn't he have the right to a speedy trial if he wants one?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 02:35:01 pm »
Doesn't he have the right to a speedy trial if he wants one?

I would think so. But then I would also think he has the right to try to pay for his own defense with any legal means he has.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 03:40:43 pm »
Really putting the screws to this guy.  Wonder what they'll get?