Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Bergdahl verdict  (Read 1759 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: BREAKING>>>Bergdahl verdict
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 05:22:10 pm »
A slap on the wrist.  The guy should be executed.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 05:25:26 pm »
Last night, I sat in a chair and listened as one of my best friends told me about how he lost one of his best friends after he was hit by enemy fire in a helicopter in Vietnam in 1968, how he died in his arms and how it crushed his faith for years afterwards. He had never spoken about that before to anyone, and he was crying as we smoked our cigars and I gulped whiskey with him and held his hand and told him how terrific a man I though he was.

Bergdahl can rot in Hell.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 06:07:24 pm »
Trump, as CinC should have kept his mouth shut...I am not talking about when he was a candidate, he wasn't CinC yet...

Yup.

The judge, Army Col Jeffery R Nance, considered the president's remarks as a mitigating factor in sentencing Bergdahl, whose lawyers argued he could not receive a fair trial because of the comments.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 06:09:47 pm »
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
   @realDonaldTrump · 1h1 hour ago

The decision on Sergeant Bergdahl is a complete and total disgrace to our Country and to our Military.

9:54 AM - 3 Nov 2017 
11,581 Retweets   36,879 Likes 

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/926492915626663939

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 06:13:59 pm »
Yup.

They were quoting candidate Trump, not CIC Trump.  Watch the video here: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-bowe-bergdahl/story?id=50912155

And who the hell cares about this?  Bergdahl pled guilty to desertion and endangering his fellow soldiers.

Seriously, shouldn't Bergdahl's confession, the dead soldiers who looked for him, the wounded soldiers who looked for him matter more than what a candidate said??????

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 06:14:31 pm »
Yup.

What a dope. Of course Trump brainless idiot followers will excuse it because he makes liberals heads explode.

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 06:16:40 pm »
What a dope. Of course Trump brainless idiot followers will excuse it because he makes liberals heads explode.

Sorry, I disagree with you on this ... you and yours are the ones suffering from terminal knee jerk affliction.

If it matters what a candidate says, they you're telling everyone to shut the hell up.

Very American of you.  (/sarc)

« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 06:17:03 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 06:19:30 pm »
They were quoting candidate Trump, not CIC Trump.  Watch the video here: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-bowe-bergdahl/story?id=50912155

And who the hell cares about this?  Bergdahl pled guilty to desertion and endangering his fellow soldiers.

Seriously, shouldn't Bergdahl's confession, the dead soldiers who looked for him, the wounded soldiers who looked for him matter more than what a candidate said??????

Who cares...I care and every soldier serving....ask the parents and wives of these men who the hell cares...unbelievable!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 06:23:39 pm »
Who cares...I care and every soldier serving....ask the parents and wives of these men who the hell cares...unbelievable!

Exactly my point @mystery-ak ... Thanks for reinforcing it!    :patriot:

author=Right_in_Virginia link=topic=289387.msg1504008#msg1504008 date=1509732839]

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 06:27:01 pm »
I understand that some of us have a lot of skin in this game, so to speak, and it is hard to put that aside.  Speaking as the NT that I get labeled all the time, I believe this verdict today was going to be the verdict no matter what Trump did or did not say.  So there's that.  I will add, though, that if Trump were more savvy he would keep his big yap shut because he knows (or at least he should know by now) that every word he says is going to be used against him if at all possible.  He is guilty of feeding the trolls.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 06:36:25 pm »
The sentence is effective immediately, except for the dishonorable discharge, which Bergdahl is appealing, according to Fidell.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/03/politics/bowe-bergdahl-sentenced/index.html

YGTBFKM.  He essentially gets to walk away scot free after deserting his post during a time of war and siding with the enemy...and he's got the unmitigated gall to appeal his Dishonorable Discharge?

9999hair out0000
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 06:42:14 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 06:36:58 pm »
I understand that some of us have a lot of skin in this game, so to speak, and it is hard to put that aside.  Speaking as the NT that I get labeled all the time, I believe this verdict today was going to be the verdict no matter what Trump did or did not say.  So there's that.  I will add, though, that if Trump were more savvy he would keep his big yap shut because he knows (or at least he should know by now) that every word he says is going to be used against him if at all possible.  He is guilty of feeding the trolls.

Well said.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2017, 06:51:22 pm »
This IS one issue that Trump should have kept his mouth shut on. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2017, 01:21:26 am »
I'm kinda surprised because the military judge handling the case was supposedly a hard-nosed tough guy.

Guess the judge went soft on us...

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2017, 01:59:29 am »
I'm kinda surprised because the military judge handling the case was supposedly a hard-nosed tough guy.

Guess the judge went soft on us...

I don't think the judge had much of a choice, considering the President's remarks.  Trump screwed the pooch in this case, IMHO. Unlawful Command Influence is a big deal in military courts.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2017, 02:04:04 am »
IIRC those comments were made when he was a candidate.  For the judge to take that into consideration and not Berghdal's own words bad mouthing the U.S> and the military is beyond belief.

But he reiterated them a couple of weeks ago.  He needs to STFU about cases like this, or the NYC truck killer...alleged..
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.