Author Topic: The GOP’s New Tax Bill Holds a Big Change for Churches  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: The GOP’s New Tax Bill Holds a Big Change for Churches
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 04:41:45 am »

Question: If Trump decides he's got his participation trophy and it's not worth the aggravation anymore does an LBJ would you rather Pence or Cruz, screw the other 20 clowns?

Pence is a loser. He was about to lose his job in a reelection if you remember. Also he is another guy with a stick up his ass that no one want. He doesn't relate to people. He doesn't inspire people. He's another cookie cutter GOP stooge directly in the mold of Dole, Romney, McLame. Cheap suits, no good jokes and about as entertaining as a funeral. Cruz already proved he cannot shift out of nerd mode on the campaign trail. Donny is going to run again. He has a massive war chest, fanatical supporters and will be running against a placeholder because the Rats are barely a national party anymore.

BTW, I remember the first year of Reagan and the first year of Donny. Having a hell of lot more fun now than then. If anyone can think back that far, the first 3 years of Reagan were a suck fest. It took forever for the economy to turn around. It wasn't until early in '84 that it looked like he might have a shot at reelection.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 04:43:49 am »
   @Chosen Daughter

I stopped trying to figure it out when I realized the amount of Catholics that voted for pro choice obummer.
   Your Faith is not something that can be compromised.

Yeah the Catholic church.  They can't seem to decide if gay is good or bad.  Abortion good or bad.  Pedophilia good or bad.  Just my opinion.  Not meant to offend any Catholics.  I think it depends on which Catholic church.  The one with the gay priest...........  I am sure we have plenty of mega church corruption and immorality too.  But that is the problem and now we want to invite the corruption of the political campaigns.  Oh how the church is embracing the ways of the world! 

An individuals faith cannot be compromised if they do not allow it.  Takes the full armor of God
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 04:46:52 am »
Meh, just rip the carpet out, go with bare floor.

I enjoy your decorating tips. You really have a flair for design.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 04:52:40 am »
Pence is a loser. He was about to lose his job in a reelection if you remember. Also he is another guy with a stick up his ass that no one want. He doesn't relate to people. He doesn't inspire people. He's another cookie cutter GOP stooge directly in the mold of Dole, Romney, McLame. Cheap suits, no good jokes and about as entertaining as a funeral. Cruz already proved he cannot shift out of nerd mode on the campaign trail. Donny is going to run again. He has a massive war chest, fanatical supporters and will be running against a placeholder because the Rats are barely a national party anymore.

BTW, I remember the first year of Reagan and the first year of Donny. Having a hell of lot more fun now than then. If anyone can think back that far, the first 3 years of Reagan were a suck fest. It took forever for the economy to turn around. It wasn't until early in '84 that it looked like he might have a shot at reelection.

Your posts are great for my point that the church doesn't belong in the campaign business.  No business looking for people to entertain you.  No business supporting people who make a good Howard Stern interview.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 04:57:01 am »

All good points @Frank Cannon I remember Reagan's first 3 years, it did suck Carter had screwed things up as bad, if not worse than obummer.
    I know 'Donny' has the resources and against all odds my money would be on him, from past experience.  My point was will he run again or decide against it.
    His ADD is legendary.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2017, 04:59:00 am »

Yeah the Catholic church.  They can't seem to decide if gay is good or bad.  Abortion good or bad.  Pedophilia good or bad.  Just my opinion.  Not meant to offend any Catholics.  I think it depends on which Catholic church.  The one with the gay priest...........  I am sure we have plenty of mega church corruption and immorality too.  But that is the problem and now we want to invite the corruption of the political campaigns.  Oh how the church is embracing the ways of the world! 

An individuals faith cannot be compromised if they do not allow it.  Takes the full armor of God

In Old Testament history there was an evil time when sodomites were allowed in the temple.
That was shortly before God used Babylon and Edom to destroy Jerusalem and the temple.

The Bible says:

" What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. "

Ecclesiastes 1:9

A modern twist on that is:

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 05:03:43 am »

I heard a little about it on the news within the past week.
But it was pretty much stealth.

Considering how liberal most churches are today,  I don't
see much advantage of unbridling the horses now that the
barn has burned down.

I don't know about other denominations but the Episcopal Church almost drove me away with their liberalism.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2017, 05:04:55 am »
Your posts are great for my point that the church doesn't belong in the campaign business.  No business looking for people to entertain you.  No business supporting people who make a good Howard Stern interview.

Well obviously you have a very minority opinion on that which is good. I don't want any restrictions on church unless they are churning out terrorists. If you don't like Father Brown telling you to vote for some Alderman then leave or take over the church.

Quite honestly, who the hell are you to tell me that my church can't support someone who entertains me?

What denomination are you that make you so holy and pure as to cast these aspersions on my religion?

What visions has God gifted you with that makes you the arbiter over what is right and just for my church to discuss?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2017, 05:05:20 am »

He's the only Republican to win Hawaii ... ever.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2017, 05:06:40 am »
He's the only Republican to win Hawaii ... ever.

What do you think that says?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2017, 05:08:06 am »
    His ADD is legendary.

Is it now. Can you point to all these legends where he is that? I can't find them. As a matter of fact he has been in real estate most of his life up until now. Pretty sedimentary if you ask me. BTW, what jobs has your man McMuffin held through his short years?

Online corbe

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2017, 05:17:25 am »
Is it now. Can you point to all these legends where he is that? I can't find them. As a matter of fact he has been in real estate most of his life up until now. Pretty sedimentary if you ask me. BTW, what jobs has your man McMuffin held through his short years?

I suffer from ADD, Frank, first hand experience here and I've only been married twice, and once wasn't my fault, Trumps on 3 that proves ADD to me and on your other point I'll admit that during the primaries I talked about McMuffin, briefly, I voted Castle (didn't matter in Texas, hill had no chance), you'll never catch me promoting him unless he can beat Romney in Utah if Hatch retires, admit it you just love to hate him (and me).  ****slapping
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2017, 05:20:28 am »
   I suffer from ADD, Frank, first hand experience here and I've only been married twice, and once wasn't my fault, Trumps on 3 that proves ADD to me and on your other point I'll admit that during the primaries I talked about McMuffin, briefly, I voted Castle (didn't matter in Texas, hill had no chance), you'll never catch me promoting him unless he can beat Romney in Utah if Hatch retires, admit it you just love to hate him (and me).  ****slapping

Let me get this straight. You now have ADD if you get rid of old wives to bang younger ones. Amazing. Here I was always told that was a libido thing. Who knew.

Online corbe

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2017, 05:25:51 am »
Let me get this straight. You now have ADD if you get rid of old wives to bang younger ones. Amazing. Here I was always told that was a libido thing. Who knew.

That's what I'm telling the SSA and It looks like it will go through the first time, tell your cousins.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2017, 05:28:25 am »
Because Cruz had nothing new to say. He had the same old Conservative song and dance that was a bore, and I am a guy that still has a Cruz sticker on his car. Cruz had no charm. Cruz had no presence. His general appearance blended into the wallpaper and curtains he stood in front of. He is a candidate straight out of 1988.
Because all over the MSM and the Supermarket tabloids, "Lyin' Ted" had seven mistresses and was "the anointed of God". Just in time for the elections. They saved the "Daddy killed JFK" stuff for the Northeastern Primaries.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2017, 05:29:07 am »
   That's what I'm telling the SSA and It looks like it will go through the first time, tell your cousins.

I better get to divorcin' then. I'm way behind everyone else. Thanks for the tip.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2017, 05:31:27 am »

Your prejudice against Cruz has destroyed your ability to think.  He's not a hell and brimstone speaker but he's an excellent one.  And he has charm and humor galore.

His imitation of scenes from the Princess Bride totally infuriated that butthole democrat who apparently thinks he owns the show and threatened Cruz with dire consequences if he ever did that imitation again.  Who was that dude?  Can't think of his name right now.  He's on Homeland.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2017, 05:32:07 am »
Because all over the MSM and the Supermarket tabloids, "Lyin' Ted" had seven mistresses and was "the anointed of God". Just in time for the elections. They saved the "Daddy killed JFK" stuff for the Northeastern Primaries.

Give me a break. I sent Ted money and liked what he had to say and I wasn't even excited about the dude. You're telling me you were excited over him? I'll bet it was just the ideas.

BTW, everyone in the NE hates Cruz. They did even before the made the crack about NYC. He doesn't translate here one iota.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2017, 05:33:48 am »
What do you think that says?

That Reagan was extraordinarily popular and won nearly every state.  Pretty simple.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2017, 05:37:43 am »
Your prejudice against Cruz has destroyed your ability to think.  He's not a hell and brimstone speaker but he's an excellent one.  And he has charm and humor galore.

His imitation of scenes from the Princess Bride totally infuriated that butthole democrat who apparently thinks he owns the show and threatened Cruz with dire consequences if he ever did that imitation again.  Who was that dude?  Can't think of his name right now.  He's on Homeland.

These jokes and charm may be enjoyed by old people and nerds, but 99% of normal Americans haven't seen The Princess Bride since it came out. Walk up to someone under 50 and ask them to tell you the plot. They can't. They can maybe say the one line that has become a meme and even then they couldn't tell you the context in which it was used.

The world has changed. We don't rent our phones from Ma Bell. We don't use travelers checks anymore. We don't all watch the same show on TV every night. Ted is from that world. Good for him. Good for Texas. It doesn't work anymore in most of the country. Donny's shtick does.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2017, 05:37:52 am »
   I had to think about it @Frank Cannon what hit the cover of Peckers National Enquirer the week of Super Tuesday, oh yea, Cruz~6 mistresses, and the Rubio Bible flap in NC, I'll take that "burned out Reaganisms and a wooden presence" over this twittering fool that keeps stepping on his pecker.

On your second point I agree and a Third Party challenge to Trump is already a year behind, nothing will happen in that arena until after the midterms.

Question: If Trump decides he's got his participation trophy and it's not worth the aggravation anymore does an LBJ would you rather Pence or Cruz, screw the other 20 clowns?

Trump shows no sign at all of being disturbed by the aggravation.  I think he enjoys it.  Before his term started I thought he would be tired of working so hard and living in a dump with no gold toilets and throw in the towel.

I don't think so anymore.

But, if that should happen, it's Cruz all the way.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2017, 05:41:19 am »
These jokes and charm may be enjoyed by old people and nerds, but 99% of normal Americans haven't seen The Princess Bride since it came out. Walk up to someone under 50 and ask them to tell you the plot. They can't. They can maybe say the one line that has become a meme and even then they couldn't tell you the context in which it was used.

The world has changed. We don't rent our phones from Ma Bell. We don't use travelers checks anymore. We don't all watch the same show on TV every night. Ted is from that world. Good for him. Good for Texas. It doesn't work anymore in most of the country. Donny's shtick does.

Nonsense.  It's a classic that people watch all the time on cable re-runs or rent from Netflix.

Give it up about Cruz.  He's 45 years old or about.  You're older than he is.  My doctor in Irving was in his thirties and he was always quoting the Princess Bride.

But that was just an illustration of how funny and charming Ted Cruz can be.

Jealousy is an ugly emotion.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2017, 05:43:29 am »

I cannot believe I am agreeing with you, but I am.  I still do not like Trump, for all the reasons I have previously listed, but Trump appeals to the WWE voter and there's more of them than there is of "us".

Online corbe

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2017, 05:45:58 am »
     He won Maine on March 5 and a week later Guam, your just a hater.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2017, 05:51:29 am »
Nonsense.  It's a classic that people watch all the time on cable re-runs or rent from Netflix.

Give it up about Cruz.  He's 45 years old or about.  You're older than he is.  My doctor in Irving was in his thirties and he was always quoting the Princess Bride.

But that was just an illustration of how funny and charming Ted Cruz can be.

Jealousy is an ugly emotion.

Lady. I got fact and figures on my side. He barely limped through states at the end. The only reason he got as far as he did was because all the Never Trumps split their vote between Rubio, Jeb and Kasich. Ted flew under the radar. Then he was slick enough to play delegate games in states. After that he went nowhere fast. Donny gobbled up state after state. Remember all the Brokered Convention bullshit? It was because it was the only card Cruz had left.

BTW Doctors are nerds by definition. Of course they know that movie. I know that movie. Try asking the average person who votes down at the A&P tomorrow if they know anything about the movie. They won't. Know how I know? I already did a man on the street about it last year.