Author Topic: Why has the las vegas massacre disappeared from the news cycle?  (Read 584 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Why has the las vegas massacre disappeared from the news cycle?
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:45:18 pm »
From the article:
"Plainly, things aren’t adding up with the Vegas shooting. Paddock was in an area with extremely heavy surveillance, yet no stills or video of him have been released to the public. No potential motive has been released. Really, no answers to any of the questions that arose in result of the story not adding up have been addressed… instead, the Vegas massacre has vanished from cable news channels and the public mind.

Another note to add, in just the span of a month, 4 survivors of the Vegas shooting have died. Notably, both Kymberley Suchomel and Danny Contreras both publicly claimed there were multiple gunmen the night of the mass shooting. Dennis and Lorraine Carver died after their Mercedes smashed into a metal gate and exploded into flames."

more at http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-01/why-has-las-vegas-massacre-disappeared-news-cycle

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 03:52:43 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Why has the las vegas massacre disappeared from the news cycle?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 03:49:25 pm »
Several possibilities...here are only a few:

Because there very well could be a second suspect they are hoping to nab.

Because they are still trying to confirm there wasn't a second suspect.

Because there are any number of other questions unanswered.

Because the Las Vegas police and other agencies involved are acting professional and not having as many leaks as usual.

I wonder, though, why you think there would be stills of him being released to the public during an investigation.  It's not like he's on the loose and the public should be watching for him as a person of interest.

If there truly was a second gunman or some other aspect of this, I'm very glad there are no more leaks until these aspects can be investigated.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline austingirl

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 03:52:11 pm »
Several possibilities...here are only a few:

Because there very well could be a second suspect they are hoping to nab.

Because they are still trying to confirm there wasn't a second suspect.

Because there are any number of other questions unanswered.

Because the Las Vegas police and other agencies involved are acting professional and not having as many leaks as usual.

I wonder, though, why you think there would be stills of him being released to the public during an investigation.  It's not like he's on the loose and the public should be watching for him as a person of interest.

If there truly was a second gunman or some other aspect of this, I'm very glad there are no more leaks until these aspects can be investigated.

@Suppressed

I was quoting the article-I'll edit my post.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 03:56:01 pm »
@Suppressed

I was quoting the article-I'll edit my post.

Oops. ..my mistake.  I missed seeing the link.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 03:58:52 pm »
Because there is no news and nothing is happening with the investigation.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 04:01:02 pm »
Per the article:

"Kymberley Suchomel"

I read that she was going to organize against the official version of what happened.

"Danny Contreras"

Coroner IDs Las Vegas man found shot dead in vacant home
By Rio Lacanlale Las Vegas Review-Journal

October 24, 2017 - 5:29 pm

The Las Vegas man found dead in a vacant home in the northeastern valley has been identified by the Clark County coroner.

Police said 35-year-old Danny Contreras was found dead at 7:05 a.m. Monday. A woman who thought she heard a man groaning had called 911 requesting a welfare check on the 5800 block of East Carey Avenue, near North Nellis Boulevard.

Contreras died of multiple gunshot wounds, and the coroner ruled his death a homicide.

More: https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/coroner-ids-las-vegas-man-found-shot-dead-in-vacant-home/

I did not know this.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 04:02:57 pm »
Danny Contreras, more:

Another Vegas Witness Shot To Death — Tweeted “2 men chasing me with guns” at mass shooting
Eyewitness found shot to death in empty house after reporting multiple shooters

By: Jay Greenberg |@NeonNettle
Another eyewitness in the Las Vegas shooting massacre, who reported being “chased two gunmen,” has been found dead in an empty house with multiple gunshot wounds.

http://themillenniumreport.com/2017/10/another-vegas-witness-shot-to-death-tweeted-2-men-chasing-me-with-guns-at-mass-shooting/

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 04:29:05 pm »
Dunno. Why haven't they determined the cause for the fires that killed 42 people in Napa/Sonoma? In the past investigators have been able to pinpoint large fires to a single illegal campsite. Here we have several breaking out simultaneously.

Last I heard dozens were still missing. Can't see any news after the middle of October for them.

Maybe there's nothing devious here. Maybe its just because editors & reporters these days are borderline illiterate. Maybe they have trouble focusing on any one thing for more than a few days. Mainstream news is close to worthless in this country.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 10:42:32 pm »
Frank Cannon wrote:
"Because there is no news and nothing is happening with the investigation."

I think you're correct, Frank.

I posted this yesterday, but will repeat:
Occam's Razor:
There's no "there" there.

The guy went fully evil, planned carefully, but told no one and left next-to-no evidence behind, not even a note to say goodbye.

Pure nihilism, committed by an indecipherable cipher...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 11:21:12 pm »
Two main possibilities: Nothing to report (or still looking for John Doe No. 2)

or

The truth goes contrary to the stuff the media want to push.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 12:39:26 am »
Dunno. Why haven't they determined the cause for the fires that killed 42 people in Napa/Sonoma? In the past investigators have been able to pinpoint large fires to a single illegal campsite. Here we have several breaking out simultaneously.

Last I heard dozens were still missing. Can't see any news after the middle of October for them.

Maybe there's nothing devious here. Maybe its just because editors & reporters these days are borderline illiterate. Maybe they have trouble focusing on any one thing for more than a few days. Mainstream news is close to worthless in this country.

A very good point about the Cali fire coverage. Does the media have the attention span of a fly? I sure don't.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 01:24:03 am »

The media have stringently avoided the complications of legalized cannabis, namely surges in property and other petit crime. There is no way they would want to indicate any possibility of major arson involving the competition between cartels and domestic producers, or the violence that accompanies that competition.
Those fires did significant damage to major pot growing areas and crops.

While that may be incidental, it seems unlikely that those areas were only coincidentally affected, and more likely that other damage was collateral, not the pot fields.
Pointing out the target (if that was verifiably the case) might dampen enthusiasm for legalization.

Besides, legal pot means the media writers don't have to work so hard to entertain or bamboozle the masses.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis