Author Topic: WS Game Seven---Springing to World Series rings  (Read 1953 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: WS Game Seven---Springing to World Series rings
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 06:54:45 pm »
Thanks, both!

@GrouchoTex  @EasyAce
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 07:04:38 pm »

The Houston Buffaloes(Buffs) were the Triple-A affiliate of the Colt 45s. The Houston Buffaloes began their first season in 1888 under the name "Houston Babies". The unusual name stemmed from the fact that they were the last to join the new Texas League.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 07:33:03 pm »

The Houston Buffaloes(Buffs) were the Triple-A affiliate of the Colt 45s. The Houston Buffaloes began their first season in 1888 under the name "Houston Babies". The unusual name stemmed from the fact that they were the last to join the new Texas League.

I always thought that the Buffs were the Triple-a affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals?

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 07:39:17 pm »
I always thought that the Buffs were the Triple-a affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals?
They were---twice. From 1920-1942, then from 1946-1958. They became independent for 1959
and 1960, but then a Cub affiliate for 1960-61. The Buffaloes were never a Colts/Astros
affiliate.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 10:11:16 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 01:47:41 pm »
More celebrating:
Kate Upton and Justin Verlander tie the knot
By Johnny Oleksinski
November 4, 2017 | 7:55pm

For pitcher, for poorer!

On Saturday, less than a week after the Houston Astros became World Series champions, the team’s ace Justin Verlander walked down the aisle with his bride, actress Kate Upton.

The smitten pair celebrated their nuptials with friends and family in Italy. Upton beamed at her MVP while she wore a flowing white wedding gown.  ...

Full story at New York Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org