Author Topic: Poll: Democrat Senators Should Be Very Worried About The 2018 Elections  (Read 505 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Henry Rodgers
Political Reporter
5:40 PM 11/01/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/01/poll-senate-democrats-should-be-very-worried-about-the-2018-elections/

Only three of the ten Democratic Senators up for re-election in 2018 are above a 50 percent approval rate in states that favored President Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election, according to a new poll released Wednesday.

Sens. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Joe Manchin of West Virginia, and Jon Tester of Montana are the only three with above a  50 percent approval rating, which is not a good sign for the future of the Democratic party, a Morning Consult poll revealed.

In a survey done in West Virginia, 53 percent of voters approve of Manchin and 36 percent disapprove. The margin of error on the West Virginia poll was plus or minus 2 percentage points.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Poll: Democrat Senators Should Be Very Worried About The 2018 Elections
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 06:53:27 am »
Like I told @Smokin Joe the other day, the last card I think registered Republicans have is if we can get 58-60 seats in the Senate in '18, and keep or better the House, then there wil lbe no more excuses. No more McCain/Murkowski/Collins peekaboo, McConnell fancy dancing, or the Ryan runaround. Either pass or fail.

And if fail, then it's time to head for the hills, cuz it's game over.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 06:54:12 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 07:09:48 am »
Like I told @Smokin Joe the other day, the last card I think registered Republicans have is if we can get 58-60 seats in the Senate in '18, and keep or better the House, then there wil lbe no more excuses. No more McCain/Murkowski/Collins peekaboo, McConnell fancy dancing, or the Ryan runaround. Either pass or fail.

Some folks are in the position to set up real Primary challenges to encumbent GOPE.

For the rest of us, it's keep bitchin', keep calling them on it, and clog the search engine results with so much that the casual 'Moderate' voter won't be able to escape it. We have out media the MSM.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 04:01:00 pm »

Will never work like that.  There are grandstanders like McCain, Collins, possibly Rand who bask in the glory of MSM coverage of their rebuke of the GOP bills.  Even if we had 60 it will not get filibuster-proof majority unless Mitch does away with it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 04:43:49 pm »
Will never work like that.  There are grandstanders like McCain, Collins, possibly Rand who bask in the glory of MSM coverage of their rebuke of the GOP bills.  Even if we had 60 it will not get filibuster-proof majority unless Mitch does away with it.

But that's the point. If McConnell has +50 but not 60 votes, yet refuses to go nuclear - then we're toast because no reforms are ever going to pass. If we had 60-65 seats there'd always be just enough that peel off to kill it, like clockwork. We'd have to have near 70 seats to get something done, which all but impossible.

As I said, a half dozen more seats ends all excuses. If the Senate still wants to make them then it's time to walk away for good.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:01 pm »
All the Rats have is hate and Russia. They refuse to come up with a plan on anything. It's a loser when they are do far behind in money and power as it is.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 07:43:48 pm »
But that's the point. If McConnell has +50 but not 60 votes, yet refuses to go nuclear - then we're toast because no reforms are ever going to pass. If we had 60-65 seats there'd always be just enough that peel off to kill it, like clockwork. We'd have to have near 70 seats to get something done, which all but impossible.

As I said, a half dozen more seats ends all excuses. If the Senate still wants to make them then it's time to walk away for good.
The GOP may get those seats, but the conservatives never will.  The price of getting the seats is that libs are elected who say they are Republicans (Collins) but are actually libs in disguise. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington