Author Topic: Russia's Old Rocket Launchers Still Pack a Lethal Punch  (Read 284 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Russia's Old Rocket Launchers Still Pack a Lethal Punch
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:22:55 am »
Kyle Mizokami

Even now, nearly sixty years after its invention, the RPG continues to see service worldwide.

One of the most iconic weapons of war ever made arose from Soviet experiences in World War II, when Red Army infantry had no answer to invading German panzers. Simple and effective, the broomlike RPG-7 became one of the most effective antitank weapons of the postwar period. Widely exported, the “RPG” became a symbol of revolution and terror, fielded by armies and guerrillas from Berlin to Phnom Penh.
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russias-old-rocket-launchers-still-pack-lethal-punch-22996
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Russia's Old Rocket Launchers Still Pack a Lethal Punch
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:24:41 am »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfgLmDg-lWA

The RPG-7 (Russian: РПГ-7) is a portable, reusable, unguided, shoulder-launched, anti-tank rocket-propelled grenade launcher. Originally the RPG-7 (Ручной Противотанковый Гранатомёт – Ruchnoy Protivotankoviy Granatomyot – Hand-held anti-tank grenade launcher) and its
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Russia's Old Rocket Launchers Still Pack a Lethal Punch
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 05:28:35 am »