Author Topic: Papa John's blames NFL, anthem protests for falling pizza sales  (Read 568 times)

Offline Suppressed

Papa John's blames NFL, anthem protests for falling pizza sales
« on: November 01, 2017, 06:47:10 pm »
Papa John's blames NFL, anthem protests for falling pizza sales
Alex Hider
11:30 AM, Nov 1, 2017
Updated: 2 hours ago
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/national/papa-john-s-blames-nfl-anthem-protests-for-falling-pizza-sales

During a quarterly call with shareholders Wednesday, Papa John's CEO John Schnatter cited national anthem protests in the NFL as one of the reasons for the company's falling stock price.

According to ESPN, Schnatter also took veiled shots at NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for not putting a stop to the anthem protests.

"Leadership starts at the top and this is an example of poor leadership," Schnatter said. ESPN also reports that Schnatter felt the issue should have been "nipped in the bud" when the protests first began.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Papa John's blames NFL, anthem protests for falling pizza sales
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 09:05:29 pm »
John should have been doing his commercials on the World Series instead.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 09:20:38 pm »
They were afraid to "nip it in the bud" because of being labeled racists by the racist left.

I hope the NFL collapses in on itself because of this political stunt.

The average football fan is conservative and patriotic, and these ninnies are too stupid to realize that.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 01:19:41 pm »

well, well

Is Jerry Jones behind Papa John’s Goodell takedown?

http://nypost.com/2017/11/02/is-jerry-jones-behind-papa-johns-goodell-takedown/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington