Author Topic: BREAKING>>> Terror Attack In Manhattan  (Read 5959 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: BREAKING>>> Terror Attack In Manhattan
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2017, 12:36:30 am »
It’s called a “diversity” visa.

This diversity lottery should end now.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2017, 12:38:47 am »
God bless Lou Dobbs, he is debunking the "lone wolf" BS.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2017, 12:50:18 am »
He has been pretty solid even since his days at CNN.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2017, 01:22:58 am »

What evidence does he have?  I don't get FNC.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2017, 01:24:11 am »
And, it was Chuck Schumer's bill that established the program.

Trouble is, Chuck Schumer introduced a bill to end the program: SB 744 in 2013.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2017, 01:25:09 am »

How?!

Do Dobbs really think this guy had support? 

I'm guessing lone-wolf terrorist, personally.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2017, 01:29:17 am »
Trouble is, Chuck Schumer introduced a bill to end the program: SB 744 in 2013.

I just read an article that said this terrorist came over on Schumer's bill.  But not sure correct.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2017, 01:30:23 am »

Offline austingirl

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2017, 01:34:00 am »
What evidence does he have?  I don't get FNC.

@Applewood

Dobbs believes, as I do, that there is no such thing as a lone wolf. The terrorists all draw their inspiration from islam. He had several guests who concur. That is what I meant by debunking the "lone wolf" meme. This particular perp left a note in Arabic in his truck that he was acting for ISIS and had a picture of their flag.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:34:37 am by austingirl »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2017, 01:42:37 am »
@Applewood

Dobbs believes, as I do, that there is no such thing as a lone wolf. The terrorists all draw their inspiration from islam. He had several guests who concur. That is what I meant by debunking the "lone wolf" meme. This particular perp left a note in Arabic in his truck that he was acting for ISIS and had a picture of their flag.
I agree. Where do you find a group of 'lone wolves' all shouting the exact same thing as they perpetrate their seemingly random crimes? (It makes me wonder what was being said in Vegas....)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2017, 01:47:29 am »
Why not just shoot him in the head and be done with it.  Now he'll get life in prison that we'll pay for.
Yeah, but the guards place the right cellmates with him, there could be lots of entertainment than those 72 virgins that were promised.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline musiclady

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2017, 01:51:40 am »
Bookmark
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2017, 01:53:27 am »
@Applewood

Okay, so his argument is to change the definition he doesn't like.
+++++++++

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2017, 01:53:48 am »
Why not just shoot him in the head and be done with it.  Now he'll get life in prison that we'll pay for.

@mrpotatohead

In Israel they would have shot that guy 25 times and cut his tongue out. They do not play around with all that 'religion of peace' bullshit. They will kill a Muslim any time any day, that they think he has stupid ass Allah disease. Shoot them. ask questions later.

It is a Death Cult. That's what they are. That's what they do. They kill for their moon God. Look at them and tell me that I am wrong.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2017, 01:55:15 am »
"A lone wolf, lone-wolf terrorist, or lone actor, is someone who prepares and commits violent acts alone, outside of any command structure and without material assistance from any group. He or she may be influenced or motivated by the ideology and beliefs of an external group and may act in support of such a group."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_%28terrorism%29
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #91 on: November 01, 2017, 01:57:39 am »
I agree. Where do you find a group of 'lone wolves' all shouting the exact same thing as they perpetrate their seemingly random crimes? (It makes me wonder what was being said in Vegas....)

In the place where the term "lone wolf" originated -- with white supremacists/neo-nazis -- and also with Islamic terrorists.
+++++++++

Offline Applewood

« Reply #92 on: November 01, 2017, 01:59:59 am »
@Applewood

Ok.  I misunderstood.  I thought maybe Dobbs was saying that on this particular "mission," the perp had accomplices.  Oh, yes, I'm well aware that these bad guys don't just think of these mass murders themselves.  They either have to formally belong to ISIS or one of its numerous affiliates, or are ISIS wannabes who get their inspiration and ideas  from the terrorists' websites.

I hadn't heard that ISIS evidence had been found in the truck.  Last I heard, the FBI was going to talk to the perp's friends and family and the investigation was still ongoing.  Thank you for keeping me informed. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #93 on: November 01, 2017, 02:05:47 am »
In the place where the term "lone wolf" originated -- with white supremacists/neo-nazis -- and also with Islamic terrorists.
If one guy with a Ryder Truck full of fertilizer can be blamed on gunowners across America who have much different beliefs, I would suspect any fairness in attribution could have this and myriad other incidents with similar MO and slogans yelled laid on the bloody steps of the group which has fostered and encouraged such terrorism.

C S Lewis

Offline austingirl

« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2017, 02:05:51 am »

@Smokin Joe

Compare and contrast this NYC investigation with Vegas. Two hours solved in NYC- one month later in Vegas nada.

I also reject the "home grown" meme and despise those who say the perp shouted "God is great." Nope, he said alllah is great. I refuse to use the language of the left.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2017, 02:11:10 am »
"A lone wolf, lone-wolf terrorist, or lone actor, is someone who prepares and commits violent acts alone, outside of any command structure and without material assistance from any group. He or she may be influenced or motivated by the ideology and beliefs of an external group and may act in support of such a group."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lone_wolf_%28terrorism%29

Wikipedia- oh, I can corrected/s. So Wikipedia is the authority? This is a false construct of the politically correct.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2017, 02:13:53 am »
Okay, so his argument is to change the definition he doesn't like.

@Suppressed

I think the whole "lone wolf" construct is designed to make people feel safer. I don't buy it.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #97 on: November 01, 2017, 02:15:44 am »
@austingirl

Does this article help?.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/31/nyc-terror-attack-leaves-8-dead-several-injured.html

Yes, no doubt about motivation. Also heard on Fox that he had a hunting knife in a bag that he didn't use for some reason.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #98 on: November 01, 2017, 02:16:12 am »
Wikipedia- oh, I can corrected/s. So Wikipedia is the authority? This is a false construct of the politically correct.

In this particular case, I find the Wiki definition of "lone wolf" consistent with mine (and consistent with most of the folks I've discussed this with).  Having said that, I'm sure there are some who have alternative definitions.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #99 on: November 01, 2017, 02:18:16 am »
  9999hair out0000
This one’s on Chuckie Schumer and his visa waiver diversity program.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:30:47 am by RetBobbyMI »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy