Author Topic: Poll: 71% of Americans Say Political Correctness Has Silenced Discussions Society Needs to Have, 58% Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share  (Read 1860 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why does such a beautiful place have such a shitty government, TS?  My BIL lived there for decades, since he went to Catholic School and graduated from Mater Dei in the 60's, and moved to Reno a few years ago, never looking back.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Why does such a beautiful place have such a shitty government, TS?  My BIL lived there for decades, since he went to Catholic School and graduated from Mater Dei in the 60's, and moved to Reno a few years ago, never looking back.

Orange County in general has very good law enforcement. Just listening to a replay of the presser this am, and the OC DA stated they used "Rapid DNA" to match the -perps clothing, with the deceased blood.

Rapid DNA is an application first developed for military battle ground, then used for civilian applications, too.

Besides DNA blood there was also video showing the perp in the area, phone records showing they had previous relationships, etc.

The deceased was an elderly man, who helped the young vet, in the past. The deceased was married 52 years.

The DA is talking about the Propositions that gave way to early release of Steinle and this guy, who served 5 months of a 2 year battery sentence. Released days before he murdered the man.

Perp arrested 14 times. Police Chief and DA spoke about frustration about with Sacramento policies.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:11:39 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The people do seem to be expressing themselves at the ballot box however, and lately that hasn't favored liberals.
Nixon called it "The Silent Majority". It's still there, seeking an outlet and a way to express itself that is not decried as some sort of "-ism". At least the ballot gives that opportunity on occasion.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Nixon called it "The Silent Majority". It's still there, seeking an outlet and a way to express itself that is not decried as some sort of "-ism". At least the ballot gives that opportunity on occasion.

Not to deliberately be a wet blanket, but as I've pointed out elsewhere - if the silent majority continues to stay silent, we are not only giving it all away, but also are complicit in losing America.

Offline Smokin Joe

Not to deliberately be a wet blanket, but as I've pointed out elsewhere - if the silent majority continues to stay silent, we are not only giving it all away, but also are complicit in losing America.
Oh, I agree. People are 'getting it'. The liberals have reached th epoint that no matter how you disagree with what, you are some variety of "Hater!".
There is a backlash coming. The attitude is rapidly becoming one of 'If I'm going to be branded something no matter what I do, well, >characterization deleted<! You ain't seen nothing yet!'

Frankly, at this point, so many were cowed by the rhetoric before, that this may be the one chance (that serious surge of indignity over the repression of all this PC crap) that the country has to fight back.

We aren't giving it away, it is being taken by the communists in Congress and the do-nothing enablers who haven't taken this opportunity to reverse course in a meaningful way, and the tyrants in black robes who overthrow the results of entire elections to push their Liberal Agenda.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 11:50:28 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

If you are referring to the constant never ending bitch-fest about how horrible is Trump,  then yeah,  we are getting pretty tired of hearing about that.   

You see,  no  new information is being put forth,  and so it's basically just another iteration of "I hate Trump"  in different words.   

We've already heard that opinion about a gazillion times.   Repeating it constantly adds nothing of value to any discussion.

Actually I was referring to people like you who have to bitch about what others say instead of scrolling past if you don't like what is said.  Some people even make suggestions that certain things be moved or removed so they aren't seen. It's ridiculous.

Online corbe

Actually I was referring to people like you who have to bitch about what others say instead of scrolling past if you don't like what is said.  Some people even make suggestions that certain things be moved or removed so they aren't seen. It's ridiculous.

I alluded to that fact earlier @RoosGirl and got turned in for not having a hall pass.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline DiogenesLamp

You don't address  bad ideas by ignoring them.  You confront them and beat them down.   Ignoring them just gives them power. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline RoosGirl

You don't address  bad ideas by ignoring them.  You confront them and beat them down.   Ignoring them just gives them power.

Fantastic.  I'm glad you agree that we should keep bitching about Trump when appropriate then.

Offline The_Reader_David

90% of liberals say it’s hateful or offensive to say homosexuality is a sin, while 47% of conservatives agree.

Of course, naming a sin as such is always offensive to those hardened in that particular sin.  Which neither implies that it is hateful -- a heartfelt call to repentance is an expression of love, though it might be, if the speaker forgets the Scriptures against passing judgement -- nor that it should not be done. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:17:19 am by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I totally believe there is a silent majority that we would mostly agree with.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.