Author Topic: Blitzkrieg: How Nazi Germany Crushed France in World War II  (Read 535 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Blitzkrieg: How Nazi Germany Crushed France in World War II
« on: October 31, 2017, 03:35:52 am »
Warfare History Network

The attack was beginning despite the widespread lack of artillery support, engineers, or armor. Normally this would be a recipe for disaster. Clusters of gray-clad German infantrymen braved the torrent of enemy fire, carrying assault boats right up to edge of the Meuse River. On the opposite bank, French soldiers crouched in their bunkers and trenches as German aircraft roared overhead, bombing and strafing, paying particular attention to the French artillery positions within range of the river. The Luftwaffe pilots were determined to keep French heads down with a storm of bombs and bullets. Men on both sides braved fire to accomplish their respective missions on the afternoon of May 13, 1940.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/blitzkrieg-how-nazi-germany-crushed-france-world-war-ii-22799
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

Re: Blitzkrieg: How Nazi Germany Crushed France in World War II
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 03:38:44 am »
It was the lack of leadership of Maurice Gamelin that led to the fall of France.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:39:21 am by DemolitionMan »
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome