Author Topic: What We Can Learn From World War II  (Read 522 times)

rangerrebew

What We Can Learn From World War II
« on: October 30, 2017, 03:47:00 pm »
 What We Can Learn From World War II
Posted By Matthew Continetti On October 20, 2017 @ 4:59 am In Columns | No Comments

While visiting Hillsdale College this week, I was unexpectedly bequeathed a gift. When I arrived at the house where I am staying I discovered on the buffet table in the kitchen a small collection of books on military history, grand strategy, and World War II. Among them was the bound galley of Victor Davis Hanson's The Second World Wars, published Tuesday by Basic Books. Having heard advance praise for the book, I picked up the hefty galley. I have not put it down since.

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/columns/can-learn-world-war-ii/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: What We Can Learn From World War II
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 02:59:45 am »
The only thing consistently learned form history is that most people don't learn from history. They are too busy distorting it to support their own ends to have an unbiased look at the errors of the past, and are thus doomed to repeat them.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:00:09 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis