Author Topic: Corey Lewandowski: Why didn't FBI warn Trump campaign about Paul Manafort?  (Read 400 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Corey Lewandowski: Why didn't FBI warn Trump campaign about Paul Manafort?
by Kara Zupkus | Oct 30, 2017, 1:18 PM

Former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said Monday the FBI should have warned the campaign about Paul Manafort early on.

“If the public reports are true, and there was a time where Paul Manafort was under a [Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act] warrant before coming to the Trump campaign, why is it the FBI never reached out to me as the campaign manager, never reached out to Donald Trump, and said: ‘Look, you might want to pause for a second and take a look before you bring this guy on board as a volunteer to hunt delegates to you,'” Lewandowski said on Fox Business Network. “This is a problem with the FBI if you ask me."

Documents unsealed Monday morning said Manafort and his former business associate Rick Gates were indicted on 12 counts, including charges for money laundering, violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act, and conspiring against the United States.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/corey-lewandowski-why-didnt-fbi-warn-trump-campaign-about-paul-manafort/article/2638988
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Yes, so very true.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Hoodat

Better question:  Why didn't Trump listen to Conservatives?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online kevindavis007

I thought that Trump hires the best.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I would think as a general rule, you don’t go around talking about people you have under surveillance.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

Personally, I don’t want the FBI applying their judgement as to when and if they will advise or warn political campaigns about potential hires.  Buyer beware and do your own due diligence.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline ConservativeGranny

What makes him think Trump didn't know about Manafort's history? He was warned loud and clear but some in his own party. I remember the questioning of several of his hires and concern about dubious Russian connections and work on Ukranian campaigns for pro-Russian candidates. Some Conservatives were screaming it from the rooftops and they were ignored.

I posted a link to this story before but it may prove interesting reading considering who else is having their real estate deals looked into.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/24/jared-kushner-new-york-russia-money-laundering

Offline LadyLiberty

Common sense says Manafort's known background should have been enough to not get involved with him, even if you aren't aware that he's under an FBI investigation.  But when you don't have a problem with getting involved with and taking advice from Roger Stone, there isn't much you wouldn't be OK with.