Author Topic: Woodrow Wilson was extremely racist — even by the standards of his time  (Read 510 times)

rangerrebew

Woodrow Wilson was extremely racist — even by the standards of his time
Updated by Dylan Matthews

Nov 20, 2015, 8:10am EST

This Wednesday, a group of Princeton students stormed the offices of president Christopher Eisgruber to demand that Woodrow Wilson's name be removed from all programs and buildings at the university. That's a big ask. Princeton has an entire school — the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs — named after Wilson, who served as university president from 1902 to 1910, before his time in the White House. It also has Wilson College, a residential college for undergrads.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2015/11/20/9766896/woodrow-wilson-racist

Offline Joe Wooten

What is amusing to me is that so far, I have not seen calls from the radicals to remove Wilson's name from schools and any statues of him from public view. I wonder if that is because he's considered the founder of the modern American bureaucratic state.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What is amusing to me is that so far, I have not seen calls from the radicals to remove Wilson's name from schools and any statues of him from public view. I wonder if that is because he's considered the founder of the modern American bureaucratic state.

He's the second worst president in our history but only because of Abe Lincoln being firmly fixed at number uno!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien