Author Topic: GOP plans tax blitzkrieg  (Read 368 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP plans tax blitzkrieg
« on: October 28, 2017, 09:32:45 pm »
GOP plans tax blitzkrieg
By Scott Wong and Alexander Bolton - 10/28/17 06:02 AM EDT

Congressional Republicans are feeling enormous pressure to deliver a win on tax reform before Christmas Day.

After a humiliating defeat on ObamaCare repeal, GOP leaders are desperate for their first major legislative victory of 2017 and are doubling down on their ambitious timeline to overhaul the U.S. tax code.

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) reiterated this week that House Republicans will pass their tax bill out of their chamber before the Thanksgiving recess kicks off on Nov. 16.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/357590-gop-plans-tax-blitzkrieg
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: GOP plans tax blitzkrieg
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 09:52:03 pm »
   Hopefully these morons learned something from the fiasco of the obummercare repeal/replace blitzkrieg that reminded me of Stalingrad.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 01:04:55 am »
Thanksgiving recess beginning November 16.

As our congress' employers, I say we should tell them if they don't get tax reform passed, Thanksgiving vacation is canceled.  No one leaves Washington until it's done. 

Yeah, I know.  We really aren't their bosses and they will always do what they want (or not).  But when I worked, if something had to be done -- holiday or not -- I worked.  These bums get away with entirely too much. 

Congress' track record on the big issues so far has been abysmal.  If they don't move forward to keep their promises soon, the Democrats will take over starting next year.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 01:14:26 am »

First the GOP must submit a bill.  Supposedly they will do so next week.

After all the devils in the details are released.  It should be quite a show.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 01:20:44 am »

Hopefully these morons learned something from the fiasco of the obummercare repeal/replace blitzkrieg that reminded me of Stalingrad.

They have learned how to lose.

The irony of Stalingrad... that area of Russia was settled by Germans
who Stalin forced to relocate to the east.  Stalin's favorite pastime was
relocating whole populations around his empire.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 01:36:05 am »

They have learned how to lose.

The irony of Stalingrad... that area of Russia was settled by Germans
who Stalin forced to relocate to the east.  Stalin's favorite pastime was
relocating whole populations around his empire.

Made possible by the Robber Barron's of that century (a more appropriate term escapes me now) exportation of American Locomotive Innovation to the Soviets.  Stalin kept his city but the cost was bigly and attempting again to keep with my analogy Trump didn't want to spend the political capital necessary to facilitate the renaming/resuscitation of obummercare, so here we are open enrollment about to start and all the talk about propping up the exchanges just as I predicted back in July. No one won, we all lost.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.