Author Topic: World War III: This is How the U.S. Military Would Have Invaded Cuba in 1962  (Read 534 times)

Offline DemolitionMan

Michael Peck

Attention, people of Cuba: Obey the orders of the U.S. Army, or suffer the consequences.

This is what the Cubans would have been told, had the United States invaded the island during the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962.“Resistance to the United States armed forces will be forcefully stamped out. Serious offenders will be dealt with severely,” read a draft proclamation that would have been broadcast to the Cuban people, according to declassified documents obtained by the National Security Archive group.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/world-war-iii-how-the-us-military-would-have-invaded-cuba-22927
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome

Offline DemolitionMan

There was a plan to steal a SA-2 missile by the US Army but that idea was nixed.
"Of Arms and Man I Sing"-The Aenid written by Virgil-Virgil commenced his epic story of Aeneas and the founding of Rome with the words: Arma virumque cano--"Of arms and man I sing.Aeneas receives full treatment in Roman mythology, most extensively in Virgil's Aeneid, where he is an ancestor of Romulus and Remus. He became the first true hero of Rome