Author Topic: Yuli Gurriel suspended five games, in 2018, for actions in World Series Game 3  (Read 574 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Yuli Gurriel suspended five games, in 2018, for actions in World Series Game 3
LA Times, Oct 28, 2017, Bill Shaikin

Yuli Gurriel, one of the key hitters for the Houston Astros, was suspended for five games after television cameras caught him making a gesture and mouthing a word with racial overtones during Friday’s game.

The unpaid suspension will be served at the start of the 2018 season, and Gurriel will not appeal. He will not miss any games in the World Series.

It is believed the Major League Baseball Players Assn. opposed a suspension during the World Series. Even an expedited appeal might have taken time

“I made an offensive gesture that was indefensible,” Gurriel said in a statement released by the Astros. “I sincerely apologize to everyone that I offended with my actions. I deeply regret it.

More: http://www.latimes.com/sports/mlb/la-sp-gurriel-gesture-20171028-story.html

Online dfwgator

Now Baseball catches the PC disease.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It was an uncalled for bush league stunt,  he said so himself, and it's over now.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:39:43 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

It was an uncalled for bush league stunt,  he said so himself, and it's over now.

It was dumb, racist even, and MLB has the right to enforce behavioral stds among their employees, even if done during a private conversation in the dugout. Its why professional baseball is far more worth watching than football.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:45:21 pm by skeeter »