Author Topic: GOP Sen. Ben Sasse Blasts Roy Moore, Condemns ‘White Backlash Grievance’ on the Right  (Read 13815 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Smokin Joe

Exactly my point.  Yet the gibbering moron I've been talking with paints it as an attempt to compliment Obama because he can't differentiate between fact and flattery.

I suspect @TomSea would change his tune in a second if he knew that Rush Limbaugh, the bringer of gospel, made the same argument you and I are making now.

Buzz off, you lost the argument, now you call names. I'm done with you forever. Buzz off.

@CatherineofAragon

Nice to be out of kindergarten today? Grow up. Cry baby.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:27:49 am by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Buzz off, you lost the argument, now you call names. I'm done with you forever. Buzz off.
No, Tom, you failed at semantic nuance.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Silver Pines

You admitted it,  not a good president, that's all one was asking.

@TomSea

So you really are that stupid. 

God, how do you even function in daily life?

Offline TomSea

Oh, the Cruz bots can't let go, even if Ted is supporting the President, because they are big phonies.  They never agree with Cruz as articles are out today that he is taking flak for supporting the president, if they abandon conservative social issues, big deal.

Offline TomSea

@TomSea

So you really are that stupid. 

God, how do you even function in daily life?

Temper temper, Oooh weee.

This is why Cruz-bots can't be trusted, they never agree with Cruz, they grind their axe, call names at others, want to be part of the Constitution Party in some cases, immature.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:31:14 am by TomSea »

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

@TomSea

I got more for you.  Scroll down, quick, before it gets deleted.

Offline TomSea

:ignore: :ignore: :ignore: :ignore:

Love Virginia, love the Carolinas, sorry that civil discussion gets one so  9999hair out0000

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist

@CatherineofAragon

Are you daft or otherwise mentally ill?

Or are you some kind of troublemaker?

Silver Pines

Note to self: in future, remember you would get more logic and more comprehension from a box of Ritz crackers, and don't waste time or Iphone battery.

Online corbe

The Cruz anamosity @TomSea has exemplified here makes me re evaluate my Trump dislike and that's a good thing but now more than ever I am convinced he's wrong and I'm RIGHT!

Cruz is no threat to your guy until possible 2019 at the earliest, chill my Friend.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   The Cruz anamosity @TomSea has exemplified here makes me re evaluate my Trump dislike and that's a good thing but now more than ever I am convinced he's wrong and I'm RIGHT!

Cruz is no threat to your guy until possible 2019 at the earliest, chill my Friend.

Yay !!!  Well, if he did nothing else (and he did nothing else) that would be a good thing, it would be for your to re-evaluate.

What I'm wondering if why a couple of supposedly intelligent members have wasted two pages arguing with the dude.

Unless, maybe, arguing is their thing, even if it's with a rock.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
If we could possibly go back to Sasse, I would hate to remove him from the Senate as he is one of the better looking guys in there ... BUT,

I really don't like the attitude he displayed in his negative referral to 'white backlash.'

White backlash is a natural reaction to stuff that's going on today and as long as it's confined to words, I don't think it's that bad.

Offline RoosGirl

Yay !!!  Well, if he did nothing else (and he did nothing else) that would be a good thing, it would be for your to re-evaluate.

What I'm wondering if why a couple of supposedly intelligent members have wasted two pages arguing with the dude.

Hey, I've gotten more interesting conversation from a rock than I have from some people.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@aligncare

I liked Sasse's comeback: "Sorry, Sean. you're the one who's changed.  Some of us still believe in the Constitution."

And like it or not he is correct that religion cannot exclude you from serving in Congress.  I don't like Keith Ellison either.  Don't trust him and worry that Muslims will try to slip in their laws.  But there is nothing to exclude Muslims.  Worrying about Muslims is the same as liberals worrying about Christians.  Either way we are dumping on our Constitution.   Sasse is a Constitutionalist.  Not a surprise.

The best we can do is pray that our government sticks to the Constitution.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Silver Pines

Hey, @Emjay, for once in your life drop the passive-aggressive crap and have the guts to actually call members by their names.  Instead of, you know, pulling your glasses up on their chain and hooting "sooooome members" with that perpetually pursed mouth of yours.

Silver Pines

And like it or not he is correct that religion cannot exclude you from serving in Congress.  I don't like Keith Ellison either.  Don't trust him and worry that Muslims will try to slip in their laws.  But there is nothing to exclude Muslims.  Worrying about Muslims is the same as liberals worrying about Christians.  Either way we are dumping on our Constitution.   Sasse is a Constitutionalist.  Not a surprise.

The best we can do is pray that our government sticks to the Constitution.

@Chosen Daughter

That's right.  If we don't like it, we can amend it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

That's right.  If we don't like it, we can amend it.

True, but it would be dangerous and I don't think we would like the outcome.  The Founding Fathers were wise.  However with Islam the Constitution is our protection.  I don't know why states must pass no foreign law legislation.  Because Roy Moore is correct in the fact that Sharia Law is not compatible with our Constitution.  It is everything against freedom and every state should confirm that there is no opening in our laws for Sharia restrictions or punishments.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Fantom

Oh, the Cruz bots can't let go, even if Ted is supporting the President, because they are big phonies.  They never agree with Cruz as articles are out today that he is taking flak for supporting the president, if they abandon conservative social issues, big deal.

WTF ?  :shrug:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hey, I've gotten more interesting conversation from a rock than I have from some people.

Good for you

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Hey, @Emjay, for once in your life drop the passive-aggressive crap and have the guts to actually call members by their names.  Instead of, you know, pulling your glasses up on their chain and hooting "sooooome members" with that perpetually pursed mouth of yours.

Okay, @CatherineofAragon I was trying to be nice.

You were a total idiot to keep up that dialogue with @TomSea.  And you're also a hateful beeotch.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Okay, @CatherineofAragon I was trying to be nice.

You were a total idiot to keep up that dialogue with @TomSea.  And you're also a hateful beeotch.

Here we go again.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Here we go again.

No, here we don't go again.  I spent weeks ignoring @CatherineofAragon because she is totally hateful and insulting to me.  But she kept goading me and I finally responded.  Did you even read her post... talking about me in such a really ugly way?  So I snapped and responded.

It will not happen again.  I will not respond to her in the future so don't get your hopes up.

Offline Chosen Daughter

No, here we don't go again.  I spent weeks ignoring @CatherineofAragon because she is totally hateful and insulting to me.  But she kept goading me and I finally responded.  Did you even read her post... talking about me in such a really ugly way?  So I snapped and responded.

It will not happen again.  I will not respond to her in the future so don't get your hopes up.

Quote from: Emjay on October 28, 2017, 09:58:20 PM

Reading the above statement from you I think the response was appropriate.  You don't see it?  I see it all the time.  You say members or make blanket statements that could apply to anybody.  I think you do it on purpose.

It happened to me in the other thread when you implied people were being hateful Christians.  Its like you are trying to get a reaction so that you can start something up.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:58:09 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Well, apparently some of us are.  I don't like what he said and I don't want a Muslim to have any political office in the United States.

I would prefer that we didn't have any Muslims in the country period.

I don't know what that makes me but it's the way I feel.

What it makes you is a pragmatic realist.

The more Muslims we have in the country, the more pandering to their issues politicians will be doing.

At the moment, Sharia is off the table in America.

Import enough new voters who want it, and that can change.

It won't be either legal or right, but when has that ever stopped a politician?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@Emjay

Well, I feel the same way you do about that, but not being a leftist, my feelings are not the be-all and end-all of it.  The Constitution is the law, and we better amend it if we don't like what it says.

With the full knowledge I'm restating the painfully obvious here, the Idea that we'd be importing Muslims by the millions at some point didn't enter the minds of the men who codified religious liberty into the Constitution.

They didn't feel they even Needed to state that they meant Judeo/Christian sects.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com