Author Topic: Confirmation Bonanza: McConnell Preps Four Essential Judicial Confirmations  (Read 244 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Kevin Daley
Supreme Court Reporter
3:35 PM 10/27/2017

[excerpt]

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/27/confirmation-bonanza-mcconnell-preps-four-essential-judicial-confirmations/

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell filed cloture Thursday for four nominees to federal circuit courts, the powerful appeals panels that give the final word on the overwhelming majority of cases in U.S. courts. Confirmation votes will follow next week.

The nominees are Michigan Supreme Court Justice Joan Larsen for the 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the Cincinnati-based appeals court, Colorado Supreme Court Justice Allison Eid for the 10th Circuit, the Denver-based appeals court, Notre Dame Law School Professor Amy Coney Barrett for the 7th Circuit, the Chicago-based appeals court, and University of Pennsylvania Law School Professor Stephanos Bibas for the 3rd Circuit, the Philadelphia-based appeals court.

Larsen was among the 21 candidates included on President Donald Trump’s list of possible Supreme Court nominees during the 2016 presidential election. She is widely seen as a frontrunner for the next Republican appointment to the high court.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Great news!

MORE Please!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Four is a "bonanza?"  Make it 14 and we'll agree, considering how many are sitting on somebody's disk.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
"...She is widely seen as a frontrunner for the next Republican appointment to the high court."

I don't want to see any more women on the Supreme Court.

I want relatively young, narrow-minded, mean-sprited men with a conservative bent that ain't gonna twist with age.

Those who will take the hard cases, and make the hard decisions...