Author Topic: Jerry Falwell Jr. Encourages Evangelicals to Call Out ‘Fake Republicans’  (Read 4422 times)

Offline musiclady

No self respecting TBR Thread is complete without Susan Wright piping in.

Jerry Falwell Jr. Urges Christians to Abandon Their Values in Favor of Steve Bannon’s Agenda

Posted at 10:30 am on October 29, 2017 by Susan Wright

As if we needed further evidence of how the evangelical community is being perverted and drawn away by so-called “faith leaders,” in service to the world, rather than obedience to God and faith.

This is also where I remind folks again that the president of my alma mater, Jerry Falwell Jr. is a lawyer, not a pastor. He gets lumped in with the term “faith leaders” because of who his dad was and the legacy he left behind.

In reality, Jerry Falwell Jr. has no discernible connection to Christian truth or purpose.

In a recent Christian Post article, Falwell’s duplicitous nature is highlighted, as they cover his recent Breitbart interview.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/10/29/jerry-falwell-jr.-urges-christians-abandon-values-favor-steve-bannons-agenda/

Good to read that someone "gets it" in terms of Christian message as opposed to political goals.

I also note that she uses the words, "the Evangelical community is being perverted and drawn away...." adding that the word "perverse" has a far broader meaning that certain Trump devotees want it to mean, and that their arguments that Trump is not perverse are hollow attempts to excuse what should never, in the Christian community, be excused.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

The Bible says God places in power whomsoever He wills... for good or for ill.

When Israel lived in sinful rebellion,  God set up foreign enemies to rule over them.

When the Southern kingdom of Israel [Judah] was living in sinful rebellion,  the books of God's law were found during a repair of the temple [apparently they had been lost.]  The books of God's law were taken to the king who read them and immediately realized they were living in sin and the sword of God was hovering over them.  So the king repented and decreed radical righteous reforms.  God told the king... because he repented,  God would postpone punishment until after the king's death to spare the king from seeing the destruction that God would bring upon Jerusalem and the temple. Later the king died from a battle wound he received when he attacked Egyptian troops who were  crossing the holy land to fight against Babylon.  Ironically,  it was Babylon who God had predestined to destroy Jerusalem and the temple.

True. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Good to read that someone "gets it" in terms of Christian message as opposed to political goals.

I also note that she uses the words, "the Evangelical community is being perverted and drawn away...." adding that the word "perverse" has a far broader meaning that certain Trump devotees want it to mean, and that their arguments that Trump is not perverse are hollow attempts to excuse what should never, in the Christian community, be excused.

Amen. I like Susan Wright.  She says it like it is.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Silver Pines

No self respecting TBR Thread is complete without Susan Wright piping in.

Jerry Falwell Jr. Urges Christians to Abandon Their Values in Favor of Steve Bannon’s Agenda

Posted at 10:30 am on October 29, 2017 by Susan Wright

As if we needed further evidence of how the evangelical community is being perverted and drawn away by so-called “faith leaders,” in service to the world, rather than obedience to God and faith.

This is also where I remind folks again that the president of my alma mater, Jerry Falwell Jr. is a lawyer, not a pastor. He gets lumped in with the term “faith leaders” because of who his dad was and the legacy he left behind.

In reality, Jerry Falwell Jr. has no discernible connection to Christian truth or purpose.

In a recent Christian Post article, Falwell’s duplicitous nature is highlighted, as they cover his recent Breitbart interview.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/10/29/jerry-falwell-jr.-urges-christians-abandon-values-favor-steve-bannons-agenda/

@corbe

The author is right; Jerry isn't a pastor.  But he's the president of a Christian university and a Christian K-12 school. 

Offline corbe

I agree @CatherineofAragon and @Chosen Daughter I like Susan, though her Trump hate can be overwhelming for even me at times just the fact that some here detest her so much ups my desire to post her musings. She's a woman I take seriously, most the time.

:beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

I agree @CatherineofAragon and @Chosen Daughter I like Susan, though her Trump hate can be overwhelming for even me at times just the fact that some here detest her so much ups my desire to post her musings. She's a woman I take seriously, most the time.

She definitely stays on him but I haven't seen her post untruths.  Sometimes the truth hurts.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

She's become a mildly articulate spokesman ... oh, wait, spokesperson ... for the NTers.  I no longer take her seriously.  I might if she showed a glimmer of objectivity.  She doesn't.  She's got that Ann Coulter thing going without the long thin legs.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline RoosGirl

She's become a mildly articulate spokesman ... oh, wait, spokesperson ... for the NTers.  I no longer take her seriously.  I might if she showed a glimmer of objectivity.  She doesn't.  She's got that Ann Coulter thing going without the long thin legs.

I guess you decided against the Valium and vodka.

Offline corbe

She does appear to enjoy her occasional What a Burger at times, more so than Coulter.

Maybe she read Sarah Palin's book about how to get the munchies.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.