Author Topic: Jerry Falwell Jr. Encourages Evangelicals to Call Out ‘Fake Republicans’  (Read 4420 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

The poster calls Trump a pervert, I ask to site an example, no mature or correct response, then I get blocked.

The good news is I think us Deplorables will survive this.  :laugh:

Yes, we will!!   888high58888

@stephen50right

Offline musiclady

Trump won, yet you seem to really enjoy portraying yourself as a victim.

If he asks you, tell him that I never go into mental combat at the Jr Hi level.

He's been insulting me out of the blue for days, and acting like a smart aleck 12 year old filled with pre-adolescent snark.  (It's no wonder he feels like a victim...... the post millennials have been raised to feel sorry for themselves about pretty much everything). 

At any rate, I'm here for adult conversations with adults.

This fellow isn't one.........

@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:10:12 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline stephen50right

Hope the blocker is enjoying the Penn State - Ohio State game.

BTW, and I'm not kidding, I am a Penn State graduate and a big Penn State football fan.

Good game so far. Penn State looking good, but kudos to Ohio State, they are battling hard, no quit in them.

Silver Pines

That's not it at all.

But at least you finally got something right when you stated "Trump won" which proves the broken clock theory.

@stephen50right

Did you expect me to say he lost?

You want to "zing" so badly that you're not making sense.

Silver Pines

If he asks you, tell him that I never go into mental combat at the Jr Hi level.

He's been insulting me out of the blue for days, and acting like a smart aleck 12 year old filled with pre-adolescent snark.  (It's no wonder he feels like a victim...... the post millennials have been raised to feel sorry for themselves about pretty much everything). 

At any rate, I'm here for adult conversations with adults.

This fellow isn't one.........

@CatherineofAragon

@musiclady

So far I haven't received a response to the post he keeps demanding one for.  Just something about Cruz being my imaginary president, and deplorables, and call me deplorable, and did you know I'm deplorable.

He said to tell you he's a Penn State fan, and that Ohio is battling hard and deserves kudos/no quit in them. 

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

So far I haven't received a response to the post he keeps demanding one for.  Just something about Cruz being my imaginary president, and deplorables, and call me deplorable, and did you know I'm deplorable.

He said to tell you he's a Penn State fan, and that Ohio is battling hard and deserves kudos/no quit in them.

:silly:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline stephen50right

:silly:

Good choice in the emoticon.

Penn State up by 11 with less than 5 minutes to go. But it's not over yet.

Silver Pines

Good choice in the emoticon.

Penn State up by 11 with less than 5 minutes to go. But it's not over yet.

@stephen50right

You still interested in that response you were shouting for?  You got one, you know.

"I know you're there!" 

Offline musiclady

@stephen50right

You still interested in that response you were shouting for?  You got one, you know.

"I know you're there!"

LOL!

Oh, and.............. btw................... BUCKEYES WIN!!!!!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I think the Evangelical church sold it's collective soul in 2016, and perhaps sealed its doom.

When morality and values take a back seat to political expedience and populism, the Church loses its meaning and purpose.

So-called Evangelical pastors were telling their congregations that they MUST vote for Trump in spite of his being a pervert.  They told their people that moral values weren't required (look at King David...  *****rollingeyes*****), and that our "Christian duty" was to vote for a morally reprehensible man.

Politics overcame values, and I don't think Evangelicalism will recover for a very long time........ and not likely before I'm gone.

@Chosen Daughter

You know my thoughts!  Perfectly spoken musiclady.

If he is the one choosing which ones are Republican I am not Evangelical.  But I just don't think it is right at all for Pastors to promote politicians.  There are not many who are moral.  It is up to people to pray and vote according to the morals they have.  For myself I vote for Christians or men/women who hold the same values I do.  I wonder why Jerry Fallwell Jr. didn't like Cruz?  A good man.  A father of two beautiful girls and a Godly wife.  A father who is a minister.  (not involved in assassination of Kenedy)  I am trying to support Trump when he does good things.  Like working directly through USAID to help ME Christians.  Still doesn't change who he is or the things that he had done. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Okay I'll bite...name one thing, or as many things as you like, that Trump did which justifies you calling him a pervert, and no mentioning locker room banter or political rhetoric such as his response to Megyn Kelly in that debate. I asked the question so i make the rules of the response.

Okay...the ball is in your court. Here's your chance to put a deplorable Trump supporter such as me in his proper place, whatever place you believe that may be. We're waiting..........

What he did to Megyn Kelly?  Disgusting talk.  Blood coming out...................  Sounds so presidential.  NOT!!!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

You know my thoughts!  Perfectly spoken musiclady.

If he is the one choosing which ones are Republican I am not Evangelical.  But I just don't think it is right at all for Pastors to promote politicians.  There are not many who are moral.  It is up to people to pray and vote according to the morals they have.  For myself I vote for Christians or men/women who hold the same values I do.  I wonder why Jerry Fallwell Jr. didn't like Cruz?  A good man.  A father of two beautiful girls and a Godly wife.  A father who is a minister.  (not involved in assassination of Kenedy)  I am trying to support Trump when he does good things.  Like working directly through USAID to help ME Christians.  Still doesn't change who he is or the things that he had done.

AMEN, @Chosen Daughter !

I think Falwell was looking for some notoriety and fame.  If he had been looking for character, and a man whom Christians could admire, he would have gone with Cruz.

Trump clearly has done some things right (accidentally, or deliberately, who knows?), but that does not negate his overall deep character flaws.

For those of us who believe character is actually important, and that morality matters in a leader, there is no way to forget how bad a human being he still is.

Offline Chosen Daughter

AMEN, @Chosen Daughter !

I think Falwell was looking for some notoriety and fame.  If he had been looking for character, and a man whom Christians could admire, he would have gone with Cruz.

Trump clearly has done some things right (accidentally, or deliberately, who knows?), but that does not negate his overall deep character flaws.

For those of us who believe character is actually important, and that morality matters in a leader, there is no way to forget how bad a human being he still is.

What I suspect also.  I don't know what the Evangelical deal was with Trump.  Didn't make sense to me.  And all of those "prophesies".  Hu

Offline Chosen Daughter

I was just reading some Christian news and came across this.  I added it to the leading post also.

Jerry Falwell Jr. to Evangelicals: Don't Vote Based Upon Faith, Back Steve Bannon's Effort Instead

"I love it," Falwell said of Bannon's war against the establishment in the Senate.

"I knew when [Bannon] left the administration, he was doing it for a reason," Falwell was quoted as saying. "A good reason. And now we all know what it was. He sees that for Trump to be successful, those guys got to go. I'm so proud of him for going after them and leading the effort and Laura Ingraham is out there helping the effort too."

Evangelicals shouldn't support candidates because they share their faith, Falwell added.

"Don't look at a candidate on whether he has the same religious background as you do. Don't look at whether he or she fit to be the pastor of your church. Look at who's going to vote right on the issues. Look at who's actually succeeded in real life outside of the political world. That's who they need to vote for. It may not be the most conservative candidate

https://www.christianpost.com/news/jerry-falwell-jr-evangelicals-dont-vote-faith-back-steve-bannon-204441/

Sounds like a secular war instead of a Christian response to current politics.  It is an eye opener on how Jerry came to the conclusion that Trump was the candidate to support.  Has nothing to do with Faith and that is for sure.

Oh and side note:

Who succeeds usually is related to who can screw people to get to the top.  Like for instance extremely rich Donald Trump who didn't bother to pay the contractors that did work on his buildings.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:57:03 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline musiclady

@Chosen Daughter

That's a fascinating bit of insight into Falwell's problem.

When Christian "leaders" make life about politics first and faith second, the Church is in big trouble.

And when Christian sheep do as they're told, and put politics above faith, the trouble deepens.

That's where we are now.

Evangelicalism is no longer about faith.  It's no longer about Jesus.....   **nononono*

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

That's a fascinating bit of insight into Falwell's problem.

When Christian "leaders" make life about politics first and faith second, the Church is in big trouble.

And when Christian sheep do as they're told, and put politics above faith, the trouble deepens.

That's where we are now.

Evangelicalism is no longer about faith.  It's no longer about Jesus.....   **nononono*

Sad.  I can no longer call myself Evangelical.  I have had to change my church also because of politics.  This article really showed me what I couldn't figure out before.  That church isn't church anymore.  Its a political war.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Chosen Daughter

You have made now three (I think that is the correct number) EXCELLENT posts to this thread and I'm not about to argue wit a word you said. 

What I will do is tell you that I spent an enormous amount of time over the last eight years begging our Heavenly Father to intercede and help us to restore this once great republic

He sent Donald J. Trump and I have no intention to question His infinite wisdom in the matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

Sad.  I can no longer call myself Evangelical.  I have had to change my church also because of politics.  This article really showed me what I couldn't figure out before.  That church isn't church anymore.  Its a political war.

You're not alone.

These 'leaders' love affair with Donald Trump has turned many away....

Not from their faith, but from those who have sacrificed faith for political power.

Offline musiclady

@Chosen Daughter

You have made now three (I think that is the correct number) EXCELLENT posts to this thread and I'm not about to argue wit a word you said. 

What I will do is tell you that I spent an enormous amount of time over the last eight years begging our Heavenly Father to intercede and help us to restore this once great republic

He sent Donald J. Trump and I have no intention to question His infinite wisdom in the matter.

He allowed Donald J. Trump, just as He allowed Barack Obama.

The American people got what they wanted, just like the children of Israel did.

And it's not going to end well for us either......

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

We are bound to see.  That is for sure!  I will continue to hope and pray for the best and I am compelled to say that I have seen much good from the president thus far.  It may end at any moment but thus far he has done well IMHO.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:27:42 am by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter

Right, I won't question Gods wisdom.  We voted and we have Trump.  I do question the Wisdom of the church.  I do not buy into any prophesies that Trump is Gods guy.  God allows us to have free will.  And He uses everything for His purpose.  Doesn't always mean its good.  The German people many of which were Christians voted in Hitler also. 

I hope that Trump does good things.  His presidency so far has been muddied with one controversy after another.  And his endless twitterings that to me show immaturity.  Even in a seasoned man.  But God will use this presidency for his own purpose.  The end of Hitlers  reign brought Jews back together in Israel.  Who knows the will of God or the purpose of a president in Gods story of life.  But we must pray for our leaders.  I will do that.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Right, I won't question Gods wisdom.  We voted and we have Trump.  I do question the Wisdom of the church.  I do not buy into any prophesies that Trump is Gods guy.  God allows us to have free will.  And He uses everything for His purpose.  Doesn't always mean its good.  The German people many of which were Christians voted in Hitler also. 

I hope that Trump does good things.  His presidency so far has been muddied with one controversy after another.  And his endless twitterings that to me show immaturity.  Even in a seasoned man.  But God will use this presidency for his own purpose.  The end of Hitlers  reign brought Jews back together in Israel.  Who knows the will of God or the purpose of a president in Gods story of life.  But we must pray for our leaders.  I will do that.

Thank you!  I will join you in so doing!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

Thank you!  I will join you in so doing!

Amen.

Offline KingsX

• Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong.

The Bible says God places in power whomsoever He wills... for good or for ill.

When Israel lived in sinful rebellion,  God set up foreign enemies to rule over them.

When the Southern kingdom of Israel [Judah] was living in sinful rebellion,  the books of God's law were found during a repair of the temple [apparently they had been lost.]  The books of God's law were taken to the king who read them and immediately realized they were living in sin and the sword of God was hovering over them.  So the king repented and decreed radical righteous reforms.  God told the king... because he repented,  God would postpone punishment until after the king's death to spare the king from seeing the destruction that God would bring upon Jerusalem and the temple. Later the king died from a battle wound he received when he attacked Egyptian troops who were  crossing the holy land to fight against Babylon.  Ironically,  it was Babylon who God had predestined to destroy Jerusalem and the temple.

Online corbe

No self respecting TBR Thread is complete without Susan Wright piping in.

Jerry Falwell Jr. Urges Christians to Abandon Their Values in Favor of Steve Bannon’s Agenda

Posted at 10:30 am on October 29, 2017 by Susan Wright

As if we needed further evidence of how the evangelical community is being perverted and drawn away by so-called “faith leaders,” in service to the world, rather than obedience to God and faith.

This is also where I remind folks again that the president of my alma mater, Jerry Falwell Jr. is a lawyer, not a pastor. He gets lumped in with the term “faith leaders” because of who his dad was and the legacy he left behind.

In reality, Jerry Falwell Jr. has no discernible connection to Christian truth or purpose.

In a recent Christian Post article, Falwell’s duplicitous nature is highlighted, as they cover his recent Breitbart interview.

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/10/29/jerry-falwell-jr.-urges-christians-abandon-values-favor-steve-bannons-agenda/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.